In addition to the application, each member of the organizing group for your project must create a profile on thecity2.org and one member must add the project as an idea. We encourage you to invite more members of your community to create profiles and to join the idea.
1. Projects should be based on creative ideas that can be replicated and spread to other cities.
2. A group of people, rather than just an individual, must be committed to the project. We encourage cross-disciplinary teams and will favor organizing groups that actively engage residents in their work.
3. Unproven concepts with a strong action plan are welcome. Our goal is to help people experiment and think big.
4. Projects that have already begun are eligible for the award. In fact, evidence of progress already made is a benefit.
5. All projects, whether successful or not, will need to report back to us on their progress and findings. Details will be provided to winners directly.
6. All projects must fit reasonably under one of the City 2.0 categories presented in the wish: inclusive, innovative, healthy, thriving, or soulful. You can learn more about what type of projects fit under these categories by looking at the ideas page (and using the filter) on thecity2.org.
1. Is the project feasible given the organizing group and the plan? Bold ideas grounded in practical understanding are best.
2. Will the $10,000 make a significant contribution to kickstarting the project? It need not be the complete budget but it should not be too small of a percentage of the initial needs.
3. Is the concept, or key insights derived from it, replicable? What can be learned from this project that can be applied to other cities? Projects that help other people think differently about their own city, its challenges and possibilities, are best.
4. How does the outcome of the project impact the bigger vision of The City 2.0? The City 2.0 is about connecting short-term action to long-term vision. A winning project is a possible solution or lesson in solving a larger challenge or reaching a larger goal.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.