CCT - Teaching Consultants - Peer Observation and Feedback Request
The CCT’s Teaching Consultants are a group of experienced graduate student teachers dedicated to supporting their peers and promoting excellence in teaching at the University of Chicago. The CCT Teaching Consultants facilitate two types of consultation services (MCRs and ITCs - see below), through which graduate student instructors are able to assess and reflect on their teaching and pedagogical development.
Mid-Course Review (MCR)
- 3-part process of pre-meeting, facilitated discussion with students, and post-meeting
- Objectives: To assess your teaching effectiveness by soliciting anonymous feedback from students and to enhance student learning by responding to this feedback prior to the end of the quarter.
- Outcomes: A 1-page report summarizing anonymous student feedback along with resources to address this feedback.
Individual Teaching Consultation (ITC)
- 3-part process of pre-meeting, recorded classroom observation, and post-meeting
- Objectives: To receive thoughtful peer feedback on your teaching, reflect on your teaching practices, and identify areas for pedagogical development.
- Outcomes: A video-recording of your teaching. A 2-page report with an executive summary of the consultation process, classroom observations, and TC feedback.
Select the type of consultation
Individual Teaching Consultation
Your Teaching Context - Class Information
To help us in matching you with a CCT Teaching Consultant (TC) and scheduling your consultation, please indicate below the name of the course, including course code, along with the times when it meets.
Class start time
Class end time
Please indicate THREE separate dates as options for scheduling the observation. Note, MCRs and ITCs both require pre- and post-meetings. The dates listed below should be the DATE OF OBSERVATION, i.e. the date that the consultant comes to your classroom for the MCR or the ITC. Pre- and post-meetings will be scheduled after the date of observation has been set and you have been matched with a TC. Note, we will assume that the order of the options also indicates your preference, i.e. that option #1 is your first choice, option #2 second, etc.
Due to the increasing demand for ITCs and MCRs and the finite number of Teaching Consultants, it may be necessary to put individuals on a wait list, or ask that they request an ITC or MCR in a future quarter. Please provide some information below to help us assess the level of need.
Year in Program
Please tell us a little more about your current teaching role:
This is my first time teaching as a TA.
This is my first time teaching as an Instructor of record.
This is likely the last time I will be teaching before graduating or completing my program.
Please feel free to include any additional comments:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The University of Chicago.
Terms of Service