Petition regarding the redevelopment of Kingsland Shopping centre
We the undersigned, believe that the redevelopment of the Kingsland Shopping Centre will provide the developer with substantial financial rewards, but could also provide real benefits to the community in Dalston. However, for these benefits to materialise, the development will need to:
• Retain the Eastern Curve Garden
• Deliver both affordable housing and housing for social rent (i.e. for housing association tenants)
• Provide real training and employment opportunities for the local community, both during the construction phase and beyond.
• Ensure that any commercial/office space includes the provision for low cost start up units to encourage new businesses.
• Provide a community centre/venue for community use
We call on the developer to enter into discussions with the community to discuss how the development can progress and bring real benefits to the community.
This petition was initiated by Hackney Unites:
Any further comments
Would you attend a meeting if we called one to discuss how we can organise our communities with the aim of influencing both the developer and Hackney Council's planning department?
Would you like to be kept informed on the progress of this campaign?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service