Deadline for the 2019 Application: April 5th
2019 Temple details and requirements:
- All temple submissions must be through this form.
- The temple designs may not be taller than 30 feet high.
- The temple will be the centerpiece of the burn on Sunday night. The Sunday burn is a more reverent, introspective experience, and the leadership group will be working with the artists to facilitate this.
- You’ll need to solicit your own volunteer team to help realize your dream and build the individual structures. Leadership is here to help find volunteers and previous artists are available for consultation. Structures may be built on-site or prefabricated. Transformus will provide up to 10 directed tickets for your volunteer team. Please note that "directed" is not the same as "free."
- Temple Team members MUST be off property by noon on Monday after the event. Failure to adhere to these policies will result in ineligibility to apply for future Effigy, Temple, or Art Grants.
- All LNT guidelines must be followed before, during, and after the event. Nothing may be left behind post-event (nails, wood, or metal supports).
- In addition to community members, team leads are allowed to submit designs for consideration. Designs will be selected by the Transformus Leadership Caucus without any conflict of interest.
- Any fundraising events for the temple construction need to use the disclaimer that each event is not Transformus sponsored.
- The majority of the grant funding will be sent out pre-event, with the remainder coming post-event. In addition, it is important to note that Transformus will send a 1099 to the grant winner for the 2019 tax cycle if the grant recipient is unable to provide receipts for expenditures. A 1099 will not be required if the grant recipient provides receipts for all expenses.
- Temple designs, sketches, CAD drawings etc. should be sent in electronic format to email@example.com and must be received no later than March 15th.
We invite you to share your creativity with the Transformus family!