Winners will be announced during Creative Coast Festival!
Deadline 30/4 23:59 sharp!
Example entry: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-ESmHn7nHYUxIWT39J2MbSyJMTAdojoa?usp=sharing
Game Concept Challenge is a competition were game concepts compete against each other. All submissions will be judged by a jury consisting of industry veterans from the Games Industry.
The purpose of Game Concept Challenge is to find interesting games and teams and then help them reach their full potential by granting them a big support package. As a participant, your ultimate goal should be to create a game which you then can build a company around.
The support package includes:
– Tickets, travel & accommodation for GIC 2019 (Poznan, Poland)
– Tickets, travel & accommodation for Gamescom 2020 (Cologne, Germany)
– Tickets, travel & accommodation for GDC 2020 (San Francisco, California)
– Startup program & coaching from Gameport / Blekinge Business Incubator
The support package is provided by Sparbanken i Karlshamns Näringslivsstiftelse and administrated by Gameport / Blekinge Business Incubator.
Games will be judged by it's perceived market potential.
Once you fill out this form, you will be contacted by Niklas Mikkelsen from Gameport and given access to a Google Drive folder where you can submit the information we need for your submission.
The submission consists of:
– Game Design Document.
– Production plan, a roadmap for the production from start to release.
– Budget, a projection of costs for your project, including the burn rate for your team.
– Playable prototype and/or a video showing off the main mechanics and gameplay.
Winners of the competition will enter an evaluation period and will have to meet certain goals and deadlines throughout the year to be eligible for the various rewards in the support package. It's mandatory to join the Gameport / Blekinge Business Incubator. With BBI you'll have access to a great network of coaches, funding, and alumni.
Terms and conditions.
By submitting this application you agree to the following terms.
Participants must have, or be willing to start, a company (AB) in Karlshamn. The game can’t be released prior to the competition. You own all the rights to the project. There can’t be excessive violence and or nudity in the game. An applicant or group of applicants can submit only one entry. Everything submitted to the competition can be published anywhere by the arrangers of Game Concept Challenge.