1. WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA? WHO CAN FILL THIS APPLICATION FORM?This International Volunteer-Internship Application : EduCARE India Volunteer-Internship Program : Form : EIVIP-IVIA-F2 may be filled by those international university students / young professionals (19 to 34 years age) who are NOT Indian nationals and wish to participate in any of our initiatives / projects in India as a volunteer-intern.
2. IS THERE ANY NEED TO SUBMIT A CV/RESUME ALONG WITH THIS FORM?Yes, alongside filling this form, please do also send us an email at "email@example.com" with your cv/resume and a cover/motivation letter detailing your areas of work interest, intended internship dates and expectations.
3. IS THIS VOLUNTEER-INTERNSHIP FUNDED BY THE NGO? IF NO, THEN WHAT IS THE PROGRAM FEE?We are a self-sustainable non-profit NGO (not receiving any external funding / aid). This volunteer-internship program has been developed with dual purpose of providing a qualitative and affordable volunteer-internship opportunity to university students / young professionals from around the world who wish to gain experience and explore their own leadership potential in grass-root level rural community empowerment and sustainable development work, while contributing to the organisation work-mission.
We provide FREE incentives like accommodation, project planning, knowledge and material resources, academic/technical mentor-ship support, internet connected work place, mobile sim card. Food comes cheap to prepare in the provided functional kitchen or can be sourced from a local family for a couple of dollars a day.
The applicants are required to finance / fund their own expenses on - program fee, Indian visa application, flights, and insurance. The one time program fee for admin, outsource legal support and documentation services is $670, irrespective of your duration of work-stay (it remains same whether you come for 6-weeks or 6-months time). There is no additional weekly or monthly fee for the volunteer-interns selected under this program.
4. CAN THE INTERNSHIP LEGAL-DOCUMENTATION FEE BE WAIVED OF FOR EXPERT PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEERS?Yes but only for a very few after due consideration by the Project Director, HR Committee and the Finance Coordinator.
4. DO I GET ANY STIPEND IN THIS VOLUNTEER-INTERNSHIP? IS THERE ANY CAREER GROWTH IN THE ORGANISATION? The stipend is paid only to long-term volunteer-interns after completion of 6-months stay. Yes, the volunteer-interns are welcome to apply for a stipend paid Fellowship position after 3/6-months stay. The Fellowship engages minimum commitment of 1-year extended stay at the start, though is extendable up to 3-years stay. The Fellowship award includes leadership responsibilities in the organisation including program management, knowledge development, HR and training apart from the project/position work of your interest. The incentives include - free accommodation, 150$ monthly stipend for food and personal expenses, free visa extension, and reimbursement of the one-way/home-ward part air ticket (limited up to 600$), commission based earnings on hr and training / online eco-products and services promotion in one of our affiliate social enterprise.
5. WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS INSTERNSHIP? Step 1- After submission of this form and your email with cv/resume and cover letter, we will send you an email mentioning date/timings for a skype / WhatsApp call that are suitable to us. Step 2- After the interview, we will send you another email if you could continue with your application process. In case it is positive email, then you will seek you to fill further additional information in an online form. Step 3- After analysing your details, we will send you a provisional confirmation email/letter with an agreement form to fill and sign. Also, at this stage you will be required to pay your outsource admin, legal services and validation fee.Step 4- On receipt of your agreement form and the program / outsource services fee, we will send you the confirmation letter and the visa sponsorship documents. Step 5- Our induction Coordinator will send you an organisational email with your username and password to log in into our online pre-arrival orientation and preparatory course. You will also coordinate your arrival dates and post-arrival with the Induction Coordinator.
6. HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO KNOW THAT ONE IS SELECTED FOR THE PROGRAM? The selection process time depends on speed of your email responses/communications and documentation with the HR/Internship/Recruitment/Program Coordinator. After receipt of the application, the confirmation process can be completed in about 1 to 2 weeks depending on your suitability and availability of positions.
If your recruitment process has been organised by career services / coop office of your university, then after matching, you are required to fill this form along with sending ID page of your passport to us for validation. We will get back to you within 24 to 72 hours with provisional confirmation, if there are no objections by our legal out-source / visa support.
7. HOW LONG CAN ONE WAIT TO CONFIRM AFTER PROVISIONAL ACCEPTANCE? The applications are open for various positions 1-year in advance. It is advised that once provisionally selected, the interested applicants confirm their position at the earliest as we intend to fill our positions at the earliest and thus we will confirm these on first come first serve basis on a rolling basis. A provisional confirmed candidates position is kept filled pending confirmation up to 1-week and again goes to open pool.
8. CAN ONE CHANGE THE DATES / PROJECT WORK FOCUS AFTER CONFIRMATION? Yes, one can change the dates / project work twice after confirmation to a date within next 18-months time with mutual consultations and consensus..