Running September 5th - October 6th, we have several ushering opportunities.
We've created this form to provide clear and efficient communication between EWP and our Ushers.
We invite you to review the EWP USHERING BASICS below to make sure this is the right volunteer opportunity for you. Of course people want to see a great show for free, but Ushers are critical support to the House Manager in getting patrons safely seated for a prompt start of the show.
by Robert Harling
Directed by Laurie Woolery
Featuring: Hiwa Bourne, Ruth Coughlin, Karen Huie, Dian Kobayashi, Lovelle Liquigan, and Patti Yasutake.
A classic comedy-drama play that later became a popular film about the bond among a group of Southern women. The action centers on Truvy's beauty parlor and the women who regularly gather there.
Approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes with a 10 minute intermission.
For more info on the show visit: http://www.eastwestplayers.org
Ushers are directly supervised by the EWP House Manager.
EWP USHERING BASICS:
Before the show:
* Stuffing programs with inserts and audience surveys
* Greeting patrons
* Taking tickets
* Handing out programs
* Leading/Directing them to their seats as necessary
* Assisting the House Manager in starting the show no later than 5-10 minutes after the posted start of the show.
During the show:
* Watching for unauthorized photography and telling the House Manager if you do see it
* As an usher, you may also be asked to help us staff concessions before the show, during intermission or just after.
After the show:
* Helping to pick up programs/trash that are left in the seats
Ushers need to arrive at the show 1 hour before scheduled time. For 2pm curtain that's 1pm; for 8pm curtain that's 7pm.
1. Lot 7 $7.00 (adjacent to the theater)
2. Street parking
3. Aiso Parking Structure (directly across the street from the theater) Wed-Sat $3 after 5pm, Sun $1/hour for first two hours and $3 for the third hour (after 3 hours , they charge $1.50 every 15 minutes up to $14 max)
Please remember that you are welcoming EWP Patrons. Dress code is nice or business casual. We ask that you avoid jeans, bare midriffs, or tennis shoes (though, comfortable shoes are highly recommended).
Once you submit your information it may take up to 3 days to respond. Alison will either call or email you to confirm your Usher Assignments.
QUESTIONS or CONCERNS:
Call Alison De La Cruz at East West Players at 213-625-7000 x 16.
Thanks for joining us! You help us to continue to provide outstanding artistic works and arts education programs!
We will do our best in meeting your preferences. Please know that there may be instances when multiple people have indicated the same preference.