C-GAP SUMMER 2020 - APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION to 3-WEEK COMPOSITION COURSE
Chigiana Global Academy Program
Siena Composition Course
Instructor: Richard Danielpour
with the participation of the Carpe Diem String Quartet
Siena, Italy June 1 -June 20, 2020
COURSE INFO OUTLINE:
- Composer Richard Danielpour will teach a 3-week course focusing on the composition and realization of a work for String Quartet (two violins, viola and cello).
- The course will be open to a minimum of seven and a maximum of eight composers who are either currently enrolled in graduate schools within the United States or have graduated with their bachelors degree and are in the process of applying to graduate school within the US. Talented undergraduates are welcome to apply and will be considered with the additional requirement to submit a faculty recommendation letter.
- The Carpe Diem String Quartet will rehearse the new works under the guidance of Professor Danielpour and the pieces will evolve with the usual revisions and adjustments that naturally occur in the rehearsal process of a new work leading toward its first performance.
- The ultimate goal of the class will be a concert of the world premieres presented by the Carpe Diem String Quartet. The performances will be recorded with both audio and video documents available for each of the composers who have participated at the end of the course.
- There will also be seminars in which the composers will study works from the String Quartet repertoire with Prof. Danielpour, as a way of strengthening their knowledge and understanding of the genre.
The works chosen for this course shall be between 8 to 11 minutes in length.
APPLICATIONS and ELIGIBILITY:
Applications are online only through this form.
- Applicants will be requested to submit a first draft of either all or part of the quartet that would be rehearsed and performed during the summer session, as well as, a recording of another completed work (orchestral, chamber, or vocal) that has received a recent performance. The first draft of the quartet score that is submitted may be accompanied by a mock up.
- Eligible applicants must be between 21 and 40 years old.
- Applicants must include the contact info (e-mail and phone number) for at least 2 references, including the applicant’s principal teacher and a mentor who has worked with the applicant within the past three years, whom we can contact regarding your abilities.
- All additional application materials should be sent to:
The deadline for the application (digital timestamp) is March 1, 2020 at midnight PST.
Applicants will be notified of the admission to the course on a rolling basis after their application has been evaluated. However, most applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email in mid-March.
Students admitted to the Composition Course are given 7 days from the communication of their admission to pay the deposit of USD 500.00 to enroll or decline the offer. The deposit is NOT REFUNDABLE and it will be applied toward the tuition. The tuition balance is due May 1, 2020. Failure to pay the tuition balance may result in forfeiture of the student's place at the Siena Composition Course Summer 2020.
Program official dates:
Program starts on Monday June 1, 2020
Program ends on Saturday June 20, 2020
Students check- in: Saturday May 30th, by 7:00 PM
Students vacate apartments on June 21st by 12:00 noon.
The course fees are USD 3,500.00
Fees include: Instruction, program orientation, cultural activities, welcome dinner, farewell reception, student services assistance, housing in a double occupancy room in private apartment, video and professional audio recording of the final concert. All compositions will be performed by the Carpe Diem String Quartet.
Fees DO NOT INCLUDE transportation from and to the US, regular meals, personal expenses.
The balance should be paid no later than May 1st, 2020 to:
FRIENDS OF CHIGIANA non-profit organization 501(c)3 registered in the State of New York.
Photo: Siena International Music Program - Summer 2018
I have carefully read the APPLICATION PROCEDURES, PROGRAM FEES, and PAYMENT TERMS
I DO NOT ACCEPT
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service