The LMM consists of a meeting series for up to 28 selected projects. Filmmaker participants meet one-on-one with industry representatives who can provide sound advice on how to advance their project to the next level. If your project meets the specific needs of the company, this can potentially open a window for your project to grow into a commissioned pilot, obtain broadcast licenses or completion funds.
The LMM is a NALIP Signature Program created for NALIP members attending the 2019 NALIP MEDIA SUMMIT (formerly known as the NALIP National Conference) with qualified projects in the following categories:
- Low-Budget Features in Development or Pre-production - Documentary Works-in-Progress - TV/Streaming Scripted Concept/Pilot - Digital Web Series
Deadline for e-mail Submissions is Monday, March 11, 2019 (NO EXTENSIONS)Selected projects will be notified by Wednesday, May 15, 2019LMM Meetings will be held on June 22 & 23, 2019 during the NALIP MEDIA SUMMIT*To complete the Online Application Form, you DO NOT request edit access. Simply scroll down and fill out the form All Applicants must be current NALIP Members* *(the $50 LMM application fee now includes a six month NALIP membership. If you were a current member prior to January 11, 2019 then your LMM application fee is waived)
______________________________________________________________________________ LMM™ Required Application Materials Check List GENERAL INFORMATION
- LMM applicants must meet all the requirements for the selected category and have filmmaking experience. Applications must contain all materials required, including the signed Release Form.
- All submitted materials must be in English. If the project (script and/or linked video) is in Spanish, please include English subtitles and/or the translated version.
- THIS ONLINE APPLICATION FORM AND ALL ADDITIONAL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA E-MAIL and saved as .pdf files to: email@example.com by - Monday, March 11, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Do not request edit access, simply scroll down and fill out the form. Before you click 'SUBMIT' at the end of the application, please download and save your application. You will need to email a .pdf version via email. When you complete the application form, click 'SUBMIT'.
- $50 non-refundable Processing Fee (Includes a six month NALIP Membership). Must be paid via this link: https://www.nalip.org/lmm_reg_fee_2019 Current NALIP members will have their fee waived, if they were a current NALIP member prior to January 11, 2019.
- Any MEDIA (SAMPLE WORK, ROUGH CUTS, etc.) must be uploaded on a Vimeo or private YouTube account - Please include this media link in your application form along with password if necessary.
- If applying to more than one category, you must submit a completely separate application for each submission, including requested materials for each category and processing fee - (maximum one project per category). If you were a current NALIP member as of January 11, 2019 then your first LMM submission fee is waived. You must pay the $50 LMM registration fee for any additional submissions.
- Completed application and the $50 non-refundable processing fee does not guarantee acceptance to the Latino Media Market (LMM). Current NALIP members (If you were a paid current member prior to January 11, 2019) will have application fee waived. The LMM is a highly competitive program.
- All participants that are accepted to the Latino Media Market MUST register for the 2019 NALIP MEDIA SUMMIT. The $50 LMM application processing fee will not be credited towards your conference registration. If you are accepted and cannot attend, your application will be disqualified and your place in the LMM will be revoked. You may purchase your NALIP Media Summit registration fee (discounted rate for LMM applicants only). Link will be sent to all applicants.
- A professional independent selection committee will carefully evaluate all applications and will invite selected projects/producers to participate in the LMM executive pitch meetings.
- LMM meetings will be conducted in Los Angeles, CA on June 22 & 23, 2019.
- Funders and executives will choose the projects/participants they wish to meet. If accepted, you are not allowed to select executives or funders.
- The LMM Team will program all meetings for the LMM. Selected participants must attend all scheduled meetings. Meetings missed on the part of the participant will not be rescheduled. Selected participants cannot select the executives they wish to meet with.
- Selected participants must bring their own laptop computer and any other supporting equipment and materials (e.g. hard drive with videos, posters, postcards, proposals, business cards, etc.) needed to make their presentation.
- If submitting media, please do not forget to include ‘media link’ and 'media link password' within the application.
-LMM NOTIFICATION: All applicants will be notified by Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
-QUESTIONS? – Read the FAQ site at http://www.nalip.org/lmm_faqContact Latino Media Market staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
LMM APPLICATION FORM- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:All information must be completed on this online application form. Remember to hit 'SEND' at the end of the application so that the LMM Coordinator to receive your online application form. Additionally, this online application form must be saved as a PDF and attached with all additional materials for email submissions. E-MAILED to: email@example.com by the Monday March 15, 2019 deadline. After you have filled out this online application form, please download it and save it as a PDF. . Remember to hit 'SUBMIT' at the end of this application below, for the LMM Coordinator to receive your online application.
- LMM PROCESSING FEE:$50 non-refundable Processing Fee (now includes a six month NALIP membership) must be paid via this link: https://www.nalip.org/lmm_reg_fee_2019. Attach proof of payment and submit with the additional files by the deadline. Do NOT attach within the Pitch Package Deck (PDF file). Current paid NALIP members (Must have been member prior to January 11, 2019) will have their processing fee waived. We will verify if you are a current paid NALIP member. If applicant violates this process, then application will be disqualified. If you are submitting multiple projects and are a NALIP member, then you must pay for submitting the additional projects.
- MEDIA LINKS & PASSWORDS:This includes SAMPLE WORK, ROUGH CUTS, as well as KEY ART, MOCK POSTER and must be uploaded on a Vimeo or private YouTube account if a video is provided - Please include the 'media link' and 'media link password' on the appropriate field below. Previous works are acceptable media links. Attach media or link to media along with password within the Pitch Package Deck (PDF File).
- RELEASE FORM:Release form can be downloaded at http://bit.ly/naliplmm and MUST be completed, signed and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Another option is to use a third party app to digitally sign form and e-mail to email@example.com. Release form does NOT need to be attached to the Pitch Package Deck.
- PROFESSIONAL HIGH-RESOLUTION HEADSHOT:Please provide us with a current headshot/passport style electronic photograph (not your passport) in JPEG (.jpg) format. Do NOT attach photograph to the single Pitch Package Deck (One PDF file) that will be submitted. Submit separately within the same email you will be submitting the PDF file by the deadline. Do NOT attach within the Pitch Package Deck. _______________________________________________________________________________________________ OVERVIEW
1. Online application form must be filled out completely and hit 'SUBMIT' at the end of the application by the deadline to ensure reception by the LMM Coordinator. After completion of online form, download, save and attach in PDF format for email submission.
2. Pitch Package Deck is for the applicant to get creative. The deck should be a visual and financial summary of your project. Things to consider for your Pitch Package Deck (Cover slide, Summary slide, Product slide, Tone slide, Visual slide that can include Key Art, Mock Up Poster, Mood Reel, Team slide, Market opportunity slide, Competition slide, Financial slide, Funding slide, Investors slide, Budget slide). Pitch Package Deck should also include the MEDIA LINKS & PASSWORD, and SCRIPT if available. Submission must be in one self-contained merged PDF file that can be created in Power Point or any other creative tool. Materials that should NOT be attached within the PITCH PACKAGE DECK are the LMM PROCESSING FEE receipt, RELEASE FORM and HIGH-RESOLUTION HEADSHOT. Budget Outline and/or Top Sheet is required and should NOT be attached within Pitch Package Deck.
3. LMM Processing Fee payment receipt must be provided by the deadline. Does not need to be attached in Pitch Package Deck. Verified current paid NALIP members (If you were current paid NALIP member prior to January 11, 2019) will have the LMM Processing fee waived. Applicants who do not pay the processing fee ($50) OR apply as non-members will be disqualified. Only NALIP members' applications will be considered for the LMM. If you are submitting multiple projects and are a NALIP member, then you must pay for submitting the additional projects.
4. Media Links & Passwords must be included within the Pitch Package Deck by the deadline. Previous works are acceptable media links.
5. Professional High-Resolution headshot. No visible logos please.
6. Release Form must be signed and submitted by the deadline. Release Form must NOT be attached within the Pitch Package Deck.
7. Submit a stand alone version of the script (if available) by the deadline.
8. Budget Outline and/or Top Sheet.