English Level Test
Choose ONE correct answer for each question.
1. The shower is in the ______
2. Are the children playing with the ball?
Yes, they are.
Yes, it is.
No, it isn't.
No, not playing.
3. How many people are there in the picture?
Yes, there are.
No, there aren't.
Are four peoples.
There are five.
4. Have you got any brothers or sisters?
I've got one sister; her name is Maria.
I've got one sister; his name is Maria.
I've got one sister; she name is Maria.
I've got one sister; your name is Maria.
5. How old is your sister?
She's fine, thanks.
Very well, thank you.
6. Which of these words is not a colour?
7. Do you drink coffee?
No, I'm not.
No, I aren't.
No, I don't.
No, I doesn't.
8. Which of these is a farm animal?
9. What do you have for breakfast?
In the kitchen.
At seven o'clock.
With my family.
10. What number comes after thirteen?
11. What are these?
12. How do you come to school?
To learn English.
Yes, I come.
No, I don't.
13. Do you have any pets?
No, he hasn't pets.
No, I don't.
Yes, he has a dog.
No, any pets.
14. Where is the blue pencil?
Yes, it's blue.
No, it's read.
It's my blue pencil.
It's between the red pencil and the book.
15. What is he wearing?
He wearing black shoes.
He's wearing a red bag.
A white shirt and blue trousers.
A white shirt and a blue trouser.
16. Is this Peter’s book?
No, it's you book.
No, it's mine.
No, it's your.
No, it's mine book.
17. What is the day before Thursday?
18. What is the month before July?
19. Are the men wearing blue shirts?
Yes, it is.
Yes, it's wearing.
Yes, they are.
Yes, they're wearing.
20. Which of these words is not a part of the body?
21. What’s the weather like today?
It’s rain a lot.
It’s very rain.
It’s hot and sunny.
22. Is that man ________ a newspaper?
23. When’s your birthday?
The fourteenth of April.
Three of May.
The sixteen July.
24. What time do you go to bed?
Thirty-five past ten.
About eleven o'clock.
It's quarter to eleven.
It's quarter past eleven.
25. What do you do when you get home from school?
I'm play computer games.
I'm eating a sandwich.
I do my homework then watch TV.
I talking with my friends.
26. Can you play the piano?
Yes, I'm playing very good.
Yes, it plays very well.
No, it can’t.
No, I can’t.
27. 09:50 is ______________ .
ten to nine.
ten past ten.
ten to ten.
ten past nine.
28. London is ___________ Barcelona.
the bigger that
the bigger than
the biggest than
29. There ________ lots of people at the party last night.
30. What was the weather like yesterday?
It’s hot and sunny.
It was cloudy.
It was rain a lot.
It was very rain.
31. How often do you play tennis?
About once a week.
On Saturday's morning.
32. ‘Describe your brother's appearance.’ ‘He’s tall, with black hair and ____ .’
the brown eyes.
the browns eyes.
33. Did you enjoy your holiday?
Yes, we were have a great time.
Yes, we had a great time.
Yes, we enjoyed very much.
Yes, we enjoy very much.
34. What did you do last weekend?
I visited my grandmother.
I went to the grandmother's house.
I go to my grandmother's house.
I visit my grandmother.
35. What’s that woman doing?
She's speak on her mobile phone.
She's talking on her mobile phone.
She's talk to the mobile phone.
She's speak with someone on her mobile phone.
36. When did you buy that jacket?
I buy it since six months.
I buy it about six months.
I bought it about six months ago.
I was buy it about six months ago.
37. Who ________ all the cheese?
38. Do you like shopping?
Yes I like, but only little shopping.
No, I don't like - too many people.
Yes, I like very much.
No, I prefer to buy things online.
39. What’s she going to do with the money you ________ her?
40. Hannah says she ________ to stop smoking.
41. I like the red dress, but I _________ the black one.
42. What do you think about the final tomorrow?
I think Brazil wins.
I think Brazil will win.
I think Brazil can winning.
I think Brazil is winning.
43. I like the countryside, but ________ spend the day at the beach.
I like more
44. He borrowed a lot of money and spent it all, so now he’s in ______ .
45. ‘Who’s that?’ ‘I don’t know; ______ her before.’
I never see
I’ve never seen
I never seen
I’ve never see
46. I’ve lived here _______________ .
since all the life.
for all the life.
since many years.
for many years.
47. Have we got any bread left?
Yes, but not much.
Yes, but not many.
Yes, but not a lot of.
Yes, a lot of.
48. Have they ever been to a rock concert?
Yes, they been.
Yes, they ever been.
Yes, they were.
Yes, they have.
49. I ______ go to university on Fridays because there are no classes.
don't have to
50. In Britain you __________ be 17 to drive a car.
51. Why do you think electric cars will be more popular in future?
Because there isn’t much oil left.
Because there aren’t enough oil.
Because they are more cheaper.
Because it will be more cheaper.
52. We ________ to leave now, or we’ll be late.
53. The most dangerous part of a flight is during take-off and ______
54. What will you do if you __________ medical treatment on holiday?
55. Have you ever ___________ any typical Russian food?
56. What _________ you doing when you heard the news?
57. I think the situation will be much worse in ten _____________
years' from now.
year's from now.
58. Many people develop health problems because they don’t ___
make enough exercise.
make enough fitness.
take enough exercise.
take enough fitness.
59. I always write down new words because it helps me __________ them.
60. My brother was born in London but ______ in Australia since he was six.
61. When she was in the army she _____ to run five miles every day.
62. You’d have more chance of finding a job if you ________ Spanish.
63. Many American TV shows are _____ in front of a live audience.
64. A widow is a woman __________ husband has died.
65. You’d __________ check your tyre pressure if you’re going a long way.
66. We were bored so we watched 'Titanic', even though we ___ it before.
would have seen
wouldn’t have seen
67. John and Rob weren’t speaking because they ____ an argument.
68. I wouldn’t have got a speeding fine if I _____________ so fast.
had been driving
hadn’t been driving
wouldn’t have driven
69. The minister apologised, saying that serious mistakes ___________
were been made.
had been done.
had been made.
70. Tom was at the party, even though he _____________ invited.
71. I attended the interview _________ I wasn’t feeling very well.
in spite of
72. I wish you ______ have to leave so soon.
73. I remember _______ to the cinema for the first time; I was 3 years old.
74. After hearing the evidence the jury found the ____________ guilty.
75. Ben hated his job, so he ________ as soon as he could.
76. Most governments believe that ______ change is a serious problem.
77. After her baby was born Susie went back to work __________ .
78. I’ve got indigestion. Perhaps I ________ such a big meal so late.
shouldn't have eaten
couldn't have eaten
wouldn't have eaten
didn't have eaten
79. All room keys ___________ handed in at reception before 11:30 a.m.
80. Their uncle promised __________ them to the zoo as a treat.
Complete each sentence with ONE word only, and write your answers using CAPITAL LETTERS.
81. The government keeps telling us things are improving, but I think the situation is just getting ___________ .
82. If there’s something you want to tell me just say it – don’t beat about the ____________ .
83. As this is your first day with us don’t be afraid to ask if there’s anything you don’t understand – some of our systems take a bit of ____________ used to.
84. One of the problems with giving aid to developing countries is that it can easily fall into the wrong _____________ .
85. We still have some way to go before we see real equality in the workplace where gender is concerned; there are still far ____________ women than men in the top jobs at boardroom level.
86. After protracted talks the management team announced that the airline had finally ___________ an agreement with the union.
87. Even today many teachers find that a carrot and __________ approach can be very effective in the classroom.
88. I agree that she’s talented and has great potential, but I’m still not convinced she’s management ________________ .
89. I could tell from his expression that he didn’t have the faintest __________ what I meant .
90. He left at midday so he ___________ to be here soon.
91. We’re doing our best to keep the business going in the current economic climate, but I really feel we’re fighting a losing ______________ .
92. Look, If you don’t want to come to the meal, don’t come. I don’t want you to feel like I’m holding a _______ to your head.
93. I was looking forward to seeing that film, but now I don’t think I’ll bother; what you’ve just told me has really put me ________ .
94. My daughter is a good cook, but she always makes a real ___________ of the kitchen – dirty dishes everywhere!
95. We’ve had a few delays getting our website up and running, but __________ than that everything’s going fine.
96. In Cyprus it _______ ever rains in the summer.
97. We saw some men having a fight in the street, but the police arrived and quickly broke it _________ .
98. I _____________ the house upside-down but still didn’t find my bracelet.
99. These days companies have to pay careful attention to the health and safety of their employees, otherwise they ___________ being sued.
100. I’m now earning twice as much as I did at my old job, and I’m doing less travelling. Being made redundant turned out to be a blessing in _________ .
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Silver Hammer Publications Ltd.