EV WATTS Vehicle Data Partner Survey
Empire Clean Cities is working with the U.S. Department of Energy on an electric vehicle and charging station data collection project, EV WATTS (
). The EV WATTS program will create a transportation electrification dataset that will collect plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) data through 2022 and inform future research, development, and deployment. We are seeking EV owners who are willing to share vehicle data and contribute to the advancement of electric vehicle technology in our region.
EV WATTS will cover the costs to provide Geotab telematics hardware, installation, and subscription service for up to 18 months. All participants will have access to their own driving data through the MyGeotab desktop dashboard (
If you own or lease an all-electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and would be interested in having a Geotab telematics device installed for providing data to the EV WATTS program, please answer the questions below.
If you are an EV driver on Long Island interested in the project, you are invited to a free installation event and EV Meet-up on Saturday, May 15th! Find about more about the event and installations here:
3) What is the make/manufacturer, model, and year of your plug-in electric vehicle?
4) Where do you typically charge your vehicle?
5) Would you be interested in attending an EV Driver networking event (with COVID protocols in place) while the device is being installed in your vehicle?
6) The EV WATTS project provides the telematics hardware and can facilitate a professional group installation. In some cases, a driver could self-install the Geotab device. The Geotab device connects to the engine diagnostic port of a vehicle beneath the dashboard using a harness. It can be installed in about 15 minutes following online instructions. An example 2-minute tutorial video is:
. Would you be comfortable installing the Geotab telematics device yourself?
Maybe, I need more information
7) As a data partner, you will be asked to sign and submit a data sharing agreement before you are able to install a Geotab device or attend an installation event. Visit www.empirecleancities.org/evwatts to view and sign the data sharing agreement.
8) Do you want to be added to Empire Clean Cities mailing list for Mission Electric, a New York-based EV campaign? More information at
Thank you for completing our survey!
If you have any questions about the project, please do not hesitate to contact us at
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Empire Clean Cities.