East Yancey Middle School 2022-2023 Student/Parent Device Agreement
Schools will be provided copies of your digital agreement.
1) I understand the device is property of Yancey County Schools and is assigned to me.
2) I will use the device appropriately for school purposes.
3) I will care for the device assigned to me and not leave it unsupervised or in unsecured locations.
4) I will not loan the device to another individual.
5) I will charge the device battery before each school day.
6) I will not use the device near food or drinks.
7) I will not disassemble any part of the device or attempt any repairs.
8) I will not place stickers, drawings, markers, etc. on the device. I will not deface or remove the serial number or stickers on the device.
10) I understand that the device and its contents may be inspected at any time because it is school property.
11) If a device is lost or stolen due to negligence, parents may be responsible for replacement costs. Laptops that are not returned when a student leaves, transfers, or withdraws from school may be considered stolen.
12) I agree to return the device, power cord/charger cable and any other accessories assigned to me when requested in good working condition. Replacement fees will be charged for lost cables.
13) I will follow the policies, procedures, and guidelines outlined in the Yancey County Schools Board Policies: 3225/4312/7320 Responsible Use of Technology and Internet Safety Policy (Policy 3226/4205) at all times.
14) I understand that I have the option to utilize the annual Device/Maintenance Agreement
Device/Maintenance Fee- $40.00
● Device/maintenance is an annual, non-refundable fee of $40.00
● Device/Maintenance fee must be paid at the time you pick-up your Chromebook
● Annual device/maintenance does not cover damaged/lost charger, damaged/lost case, damage due to negligence, damage due to intentional misuse/abuse.
● Report all device/maintenance repair requests to your school Media Center in a timely manner (day of damage or the very next school day).
15) Device/Maintenance Fee - Opt-out
Following are charges for device damages if you opt-out of the Device/Maintenance $40. annual fee
● LCD Screen - $80.00
● Keyboard/touchpad - $70.00
● Outer Shell Base - $25.00
● Outer Shell Top- $25.00
● Power cord - $30.00
● Case - $29.00
● Device Replacement - $300.00 (New device: $420)
● Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the school Media Center as soon as possible so that they can be taken care of properly.
● District-owned Chromebooks should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
● If a student or parent is guilty of intentionally damaging the Chromebook and/or accessories, Yancey County Schools may file vandalism charges with local law enforcement.