James Island Busing Registration
This form is for students that live on James Island or Folly Beach.
Please read the South Carolina Code of Laws (see below) before making a request.
SECTION 59-67-415. Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety, conduct, and the timely arrival of their children to, from, and at the designated school bus stop before the arrival of the school bus for pick up and transport to school and the timely departure of the children after the school bus leaves the designated school bus stop after transporting the children from school.
James Island Charter High School contracts their buses with Durham School Services. The phone number to Durham School Services James Island Lot is 843-762-8254. The website address is
. Please go to
to fill out the Durham Bus Transportation Complaint and Feedback Form
• Drivers are only allowed to make stops on the route sheets. Parents/students cannot request drivers to make an unauthorized stop.
• Students should be at the bus stop at least 15 minutes prior to the published bus stop time in the AM. Parents have to contact the school to change their student’s address information.
• Regular Education students need to use the closest stop to them for the first four (4) weeks of school.
• Band instruments, or other items (backpacks), carried on a school bus must be of such size that they can be transported on the student’s lap.
How Bus Stops are Established:
Bus Stops are established in accordance with the South Carolina Department of Education Laws and Charleston County School District Guidelines.
Regular Education Bus Stops
Per State Law (Law 59-67-420, pg. 14):
• School bus stops must have at least 0.2 of a mile between them.
• Students living less than 0.3 of a mile from the route must meet the bus at the route.
• A student living within 1.5 miles of the school that he attends is ineligible for school bus transportation.
• Stops are mainly established at intersections.
If you have any questions or concerns with regards to busing please contact Durham School Services.
Mrs. Doane at 843-762-5349,
Mr. Drake at
Last name of student
First name of student
Street address. Students must live greater than 1.5 miles from school. Otherwise, you are in the walk zone. Students' addresses and distances will be verified.
City and zip code
Preferred Phone Number
Alternate Phone Number
Alternate Parent/Guardian Name. Please include address and phone number if it is different from above.
Current Bus Stop
Please indicate how often you ride the bus.
Both AM and PM
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Charleston County School District.