Providence Dance Festival 2020 Application
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for AS220’S PROVIDENCE DANCE FESTIVAL 2020 / AS220 Black Box Theater
Submission Deadline: December 1st, 2019
AS220 invites dance companies / artists to apply to present their work in the fifth annual Providence Dance Festival (previously the Modern Movements Festival). The festival will present 2 - 3 evening length Programs to the public April 16th - 18th. Each Program will be presented twice and will showcase 5 - 6 companies. In addition, the festival will host free workshops, classes and a Long Table Discussion for the participating artists and the public.
If you are interested in performing in the festival, please submit one dance piece between 7 and 10 minutes in length by completing the google form below and by submitting it to us by December 1st, 2019.
Only electronic submissions via this google form are accepted. Please do not mail DVDs.
****** You must be available for *********
- A two hour tech rehearsal between April 6th and April 15th
- A two hour dress rehearsal for your program on either April 13th, 14th or 15th
- Two evening performances on either April 16th, 17th or/and 18th
What we offer:
- A two-show performance run in AS220’s 60-seat Black Box Theater, as part of a mixed bill/showcase Program
- A two-hour tech slot for your piece in the week leading up to the performance
- 1 dress rehearsal per Program
- Lighting design services, technical support, and a light/sound board operator.
- Use of Marley flooring, and projector (if needed)
- Access to a dressing room during your Program's performances
- House management, usher, door person and concessions (bar-lounge area) staffing
- Online ticket sales through Eventbrite or Brown Paper Tickets
- One complimentary ticket for yourself to attend another Programs' show
-Free classes, workshops and Long Table Discussion participation
- A stipend of $100 USD for each company following the receipt of a W-9, and an invoice
- You will asked to schedule an appointment with AS220's Production Manager through the Festival to discuss any general or technical decisions and help facilitate your vision. The Festival will email a schedule 5-6 in advance of the show dates.
- Press: The performance’s press releases are sent to our inclusive list of press names and print/web listings. (However, we cannot guarantee that press will attend your production.)
- Marketing: We feature our productions on our website, in e-blasts, and on outside websites. We create a Facebook event and share posts on the AS220 Instagram account. Additional promotion by artists is not required but is always great to have. Artists drive audiences!
-AS220 will create and print posters, and will design and print the show’s playbill. You are responsible to supply program notes (100 words or less), one high resolution image
-AS220 will supply photo documentation and video documentation of your performance. We will send it to you 1-2 weeks after the Festival via Google Drive.
Please note that we do not offer exclusive use of the theater space, and large-scale set pieces cannot be accommodated unless they can be easily broken down and stored/removed from the premises after each use.
Have more questions? Send an email to:
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Name of Company
Contact Job Title
Where is the company based?
Understanding that some work might be difficult to categorize into a single genre, let us know what genre best describes your work:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service