Hello all! BQIC is looking for volunteers to support our monthly Free Resource Friday event!
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Building care packages with harm reduction supplies, hygiene items, and more to be passed out during the event
- Helping with set up from 4:30pm-5pm - includes moving tables and chairs, setting up at Community Grounds
- Passing out resources from 5-7pm at Community Grounds - no questions asked, reaching out to folks passing by and encouraging them to pick up supplies
- Receiving donations from 5-7pm at Community Grounds - includes noting who donated (if they consent), what they gave, and what quantity (if accessible)
- Helping with tear down from 7-7:15pm - includes moving tables and chairs, helping load BQIC cars, securing the space before we leave
- Rideshare and transportation support
Information on Free Resource Fridays:
Free Resource Friday is a donations-based initiative that provides free resources like food, clothes, harm reduction supplies, and hygiene items to folks living in predominantly Black neighborhoods in our central Ohio community. All are welcome, queer and trans people of color take priority in the space.
Free Resource Friday is currently held on the final Friday of each month, from 5-7pm at Community Grounds: Coffee & Meeting House (1134 Parsons Ave, Columbus, OH 43206). Masks are required and in addition to passing out resources during this time, we also receive community donations from people who stop by. Folks are welcome to donate outside of the 5-7pm monthly event by dropping items off at Community Grounds during their normal business hours.
Please fill out this form if you'd be interested supporting BQIC's Free Resource Friday and you will be contacted by a member of our BQIC Community Care team on the next steps! Thank you in advance!
If you have any questions, concerns, or difficulties using this form please email us at email@example.com