Since CS Scholars derives its strength from its diversity, most UC Berkeley undergraduates are eligible to apply to the program. If however, you have successfully completed CS 61A, CS 61B or CS 70 you are ineligible to apply to the CS Scholars Program.
Selection of members involves an electronic application. Students are selected using the following criteria:
• All applicants must have an interest in a computer science and a demonstrated commitment to collaborative learning
• There is no GPA or SAT score requirements
• First priority is given to under-resourced, CS under-served and first generation college students
• Next priority is given to applicants who have participated in academic development programs (including Summer Bridge, EAOP, Upward Bound, MESA, CS Kickstart, PREP) or students with a demonstrated commitment to providing service to under-served communities. Priority is also given to Letters and Science CS intended majors
• If space is still available, all others interested in the program are considered. CS intended students please note that the CS Scholars Program does not guarantee acceptance into the CS major, the program is designed to facilitate matriculation into the major
If you have questions about the CS Scholars Program please email: email@example.com.