SoMS Mentoring Program 2021
Given the overwhelmingly positive feedback from 2019 and 2020 mentoring program you are cordially invited to participate in the SoMS Mentorship Program 2021 as a mentor or mentee.
The objectives of this ‘formal’ mentoring scheme are:
• Ensuring that mentees will receive adequate guidance and support to advance their careers, and to develop meaningful connections and personal sponsors.
• For mentors to become more practiced at mentoring and learn how to better cultivate a more balanced culture of inclusive leadership.
Practice of the mentoring scheme:
• Undergraduate and postgraduate students will be paired with Early Career Academics (level A/B)
• Early Career Academics (level A/B) will be paired with Mid-Career Academics (level C/D).
• Mid-Career Academics (level C/D) will be paired with Professors (level E).
• Junior professional staff will be paired with senior professional staff.
• The RSC will match mentors and mentees based on their interests, affiliations, personal preferences (e.g. gender).
• RSC will follow up with pairs at the end of the year to see if the mentoring relationship is effective and for other feedback.
• Mentor/mentee pairs will give shape to their relationships themselves, with the help of some useful materials and guides that will be provided by the RSC.
Please register using the online form below if you are new to the program, or if you want to be paired up with another person. The RSC is seeking registrations especially of mentors.
Should you require advice on how to mentor please contact Nicodemus Tedla
Your Email Address
I participated last year
Yes, but I would like to be paired up with another mentor/mentee
Yes, and I will continue to meet with last year's mentor/mentee this year
Prefer not to say
Junior professional staff
Senior professional staff
Single Molecule Science
Mentee's supervisor name (if relevant)
I would like to be
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service