Serene Lim wears multiple hats as a trainee lawyer, activist and writer with experience in human right’s work, particularly in the area of gender equality and internet rights. Her undergraduate education in Mass Communication and Law and Laws allows her to expand her imagination and motivate her in bringing the often overlooked testimonies of women and vulnerable groups into the court room, and therein to restore justice. She is also a recognized expert on sexual and gender based violence in digital spaces.
For Hui Yein, it was Raleigh Expedition that has given her the first exposure on the plight of indigenous people and the issues they are facing. Since then, Hui Yein has been exploring ways to learn and get involved. She has interned at the Center for Orang Asli Concerns and have worked with the Indigenous Peoples Network of Malaysia (Jaringan Orang Asal SeMalaysia) for 5 years before completing her MA in Human Rights and Democratisation last August. Hui Yein is passionate to share and exchange experiences to find ways in bringing greater justice for the society.
Date: 8th December 2018 (Saturday)Time: 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm Venue: Private venue @ Taman Tun Doctor Ismail (TTDI) - (To be disclosed after completing the registration process)
Fees (includes food and drinks too!)RM 25 Raleigh International Kuala Lumpur (RIKL) memberRM 35 Non member
1. I acknowledge I have read, understood and approved the following terms and conditions.
2. I am aware that certain activities involve inherent risks of illness, injury, death and/or loss or damage of property, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature and other causes known or unknown. I recognize that such risks are present always, before, during and after the activity. I am also aware that medical facilities may not be readily available during the activity.
3. I hereby indemnify and irrevocably and forever release and waive all rights and recourse against RIKL and their respective subsidiaries, licensees, successors, related and affiliated companies and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, representatives and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, payments, proceedings, judgments, settlements, awards, expenses (including without limitation, legal fees and costs) damages, losses, costs, injury (however caused), death, illness, delay or other liabilities, which I or my heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against any of the above-named entities arising in connection with the program, or any breach of the terms of this agreement. I voluntarily accept the legal risk, thereby expressly giving up any right of action and accept the physical risk arising from all liability whether such liability arises in contract, by reason of negligence, or by reason of breach of duty raised by statute, or in any other manner whatsoever.
4. That this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
5. I give permission for any photographs/videos of me, participating in the activity, to be used for publicity purposes for RIKL.
6. I confirm that I am over the age of eighteen (18) and have authority to sign this release and that I have read and understood this agreement prior to signing it.
Signed by submitting this form.
Beneficiary bank: CIMB Bank Berhad (KLCC Branch)Account name: Pertubuhan Raleigh International Kuala LumpurAccount number: 800-106-7937
Take a photo/screenshot of the bank in slip/ show us a copy of the receipt and send it to email@example.com for confirmation once your payment is done.
If you have any questions for us, don't hesitate to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org