NUSSP 2020 Application
READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Northeastern University Summer STEM Program! This application will take 60-90 minutes to complete, and cannot be saved or restarted at a later date.
1. Approximately 30 students will be accepted to the program.
2. Priority is given to those students who have limited opportunities for other similar programs and live within a commuting distance of Northeastern University (MA only!).
3. Students must be rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
4. Final program cost is $600 ($300 per week). A limited number of full scholarships will be offered to students eligible for free or reduced lunch (indicated in your program application). No additional scholarship application/documentation is required.
5. Must NOT have previously completed the program you are applying for. In other words, you cannot participate in this program twice.
6. To confirm your spot in the program if you are accepted, there will be a deposit of $300, half of the program fee due May 13th. This will be subtracted from final program cost, which will be due by June 10th, 2020.
7. Program dates: July 13-24, 2020. Absences will not be allowed unless in a documented emergency.
8. Along with this online application, a written portion must be mailed in. You can download the form on our website or this web address
This must be completed by the student, signed by a current teacher, and mailed to the Center for STEM by March 13th, 2020 at:
Center for STEM Education
009 Dana Research Center
360 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
9. Program communications will come from
. It is crucial that you add
to your e-mail contacts, to ensure that you receive all notifications regarding application materials and decisions.
YOU CANNOT SAVE/CONTINUE THE APPLICATION LATER.
Please make sure to hit "Submit" once completed in order for the application to be fully processed.
For specific questions please e-mail
or Program Director Claire Duggan at
All communications will be sent electronically. Please list below the preferred email address for all correspondence.
Please check all the boxes below to confirm your understanding of the points above.
Yes, I am a rising rising 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student.
Yes, I/parents/guardians will pay the $600 program cost before the start of the program.
Yes, I/parents/guardians will provide the $50 acceptance fee if I am selected and enroll in the NUSSP Program.
Yes, I have no prior commitments during the weeks of July 13-24, 2020.
Yes, I agree to not make any commitments during the NUSSP Program timeframe.
Yes, I understand I will not be able to save my work and can complete the entire application now.
Yes, I have downloaded the essay question stated in #8 above and will mail my answer into the Center for STEM by March 15th.
Yes, I have added
to my e-mail contacts, and have confirmed that my recommender has added
to their email contacts.
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service