Our SoCal theme for the conference is Ride the Wave: Applying Improvisation in a Changing World!
Surfers and ocean-watchers know that every wave is different; yet in that infinite diversity, there are categories. A surfer recognizes which category wave they want to ride.
Likewise, the field of Applied Improvisation (AI) is vast and widely diverse. No one does it the exact same way as another. Yet, within our diversity there are categories, or “niches”. AI practitioners are often drawn to the one or more of these niches that best fits their interest, strengths, and network.
#AIN17 World Conference in SoCal will explore these niches and provide a view of the wide possibilities and opportunities in Applied Improvisation. We aim to inspire one another in our diversity, share our creative discoveries, and build our skills in a supportive environment, all while having fun.
Be prepared to share how you ride YOUR wave and to be energized by how others ride their waves.
And together, we can make some waves in our world.
We are looking for:
• demonstrations of actual programs that have been delivered to a client. Select a one-hour piece of the workshop that would be a good sample of your approach.
• detailed case studies for how you landed that big contract within a specific industry, since there is a big difference in how we market in the different niches.
• demonstrations of unique applications that broaden our insight into our field.
Proposals will be selected based upon the information provided within this form as well as how they fit within the scope of the overall conference, the other proposals, and based upon the following considerations:
1. How the presentations align and are balanced across the following niches:
Applied Improvisation utilized in...
a) Businesses/Organizations - where the objective is giving groups/organizations skills/tools to perform better
b) Service Of (Personal Growth or a Better World) - where the objective is healing people/planet, spiritual exploration, and/or personal growth
c) Performance (Special Events, Interactive Speeches, Key Notes, etc) - where the objective is meeting the needs of connection, celebration, and/or “edu-tainment”
d) Academia/Education/Research - where the objective is greater knowledge or the implementation of AI in academia
e) Innovative Arenas (Other) - where the objective is developing within unique applications or populations served
2. The diversity of the speakers, industries/areas represented, and teaching styles.
3. The level of interaction and application that inspires others in their practice.
PROPOSALS ARE DUE BY MAY 15, 2017.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be notified between June 1-15, 2017.
If selected, you will be requested to supply a brief description and bio for the program.
* Please note that AIN is a volunteer organization and we are unable to offer compensation in any monetary way to presenters. If selected to present, you'll need to register for the conference no later than June 30, 2017 to receive the $575 early bird rate.
We survive on the enthusiasm and generosity of the larger Applied Improvisation community members to bring their ideas and experiences to this conference. Thank you for being willing to share for the greater good of the community.
If you have any questions or concerns mid-process, feel free to e-mail our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you as soon as we are able (please keep in mind that this is a 100% volunteer organization and we work full time jobs beyond putting together this experience for you - please be patient). Thank you.