Thanks to funding from The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo (administered by Creative Scotland), musicians will receive support to host approximately 10 sessions in their area as well as a bursary to participate in a one-day training event with leading musicians in the field.
Please find key details below on the project and what will be expect of those participating:
• Applications must be made on behalf of all 3 musicians participating. Please nominate one person as the main contact for your group and complete each relevant section for the others involved.
• Each group will be expected to organise, promote and deliver 10 music sessions in their local area between August and December 2018. This includes negotiating fees and times with venues. The expectation is that these sessions have the potential to continue beyond the end of the project.
• A payment of £60 per musician (£180 for the group) will be made available on receipt of a relevant invoice and completed musician feedback form unless another arrangement is made with the venue and TMSA.
• Each session lasts 3 hours and the musicians are entitled to a 10 minute break every hour.
• As part of the contract, each musician will be expected to help gather feedback information on the sessions.
Sessions are acoustic (unamplified) and participatory. The contracted musicians should encourage other musicians, singers, dancers etc. to join in. The object is to expose as many people as possible to traditional music and song and related art-forms.
We appreciate the time you take to register below, however registration does not mean you will be guaranteed session work. Once an application is complete, our project manager will be in touch in due course..
Please complete our application form with as much detail as you can provide. If further evidence of musician's ability level/experience is required, we will ask you for it. For any queries, please contact the GYOMS Project Manager – Grant McFarlane on 07595175099 / email@example.com.