Partners in EMDR PLLC - Basic Training Sign Up
This covers the full training: both weekends, and the 10 hours of consultation.
Eligibility Requirements for Basic EMDR Training are as follows:
For Licensed Mental Health Professionals:
- Qualifying Medical Doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying Advanced Practice Registered Nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master's Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
For Pre-Licensed Mental Health Professionals:
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types may include: associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary and pre-license.
- Qualifying Pre-Licensed Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master's Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor.
For Graduate Students:
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a Master's or Doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and must be in the practicum/internship portion of their graduate program. First year graduate students are not eligible. Graduate students must be on a licensing track and working under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician.
- Graduate students who would like to take an EMDR Training will need to submit certain documentation (graduate transcript, practicum or internship details, and a letter from their supervisor which includes the supervisor's license information and number) in order to verify their eligibility. Students do not need to provide EMDRIA with any documentation unless specifically asked to do so by EMDRIA staff. Any documentation that needs to be submitted would go directly to the training provider either prior to or during the training registration process.
Records of all who participated will be kept and filed with EMDRIA. Each participant has two years to complete the basic training.
Equal Opportunity: We are committed to create a supportive, safe environment for all participants
Please come to us with any concerns of discriminatory behavior or bias.
Special needs: The training facility is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are disabled or have special needs you must inform Partners in EMDR, Inc. at the time you submit your application so that we can review and discuss any needs for accommodations.
In preparation for the Basic Training Class:
- Read and study the following book. This book will become an important resource for you as an EMDR trained therapist.
Shapiro, F. (2018). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures (3rd ed.). New York: The Guilford Press and
Preparation for Experiential practice: You must be prepared to work on personal issues in these practice sessions.
However, the experiential practice portion of the training is for training purposes and is not personal psychotherapy.
Contact Partners in EMDR, Inc. prior to registration should you have any doubts about your readiness to participate at this time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A full refund will be issued for cancellations prior to three weeks of the scheduled date for Weekend 1. No cancellations will be issued after that date.
- Participants who complete Weekend 1 but are unable to attend the scheduled Weekend 2 due to emergency, only, will be able to attend another scheduled Weekend 2 training..
- Please let us know of any grievances that may arise in our trainings so that we can rectify. Additionally, grievances can be referred to the NC Board of Licensed Professional/ Counselors
should you believe it is necessary
Following the completion of this form, an invoice for payment will be sent to your email.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service