California Head Start Association
The California Head Start Association (CHSA) invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2018 Annual Health Institute in Orange County/ Costa Mesa, California. This unique event focuses exclusively on health, mental health and nutrition needs for Head Start and Early Head Start children and families, drawing participants from throughout California. The event will be held at the Hilton Orange County/ Costa Mesa 3050 Bristol St. Costa Mesa. CA 92626. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and recognition for presenting to a statewide Head Start audience. The Institute targets support staff, direct service staff, management, leadership, and community partners promoting health, school readiness, and overall well-being.
Health Institute - April 9-11th , 2018
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST
Training Content Priorities
• Early Head Start Focus : Feeding Infants and Toddlers, Well Baby Exams, Record Keeping and Data Systems, Sensory Screenings for Vision & Hearing.
• Home Visitors and Home Base Health Issues: Nutrition, Mental Health, Prenatal at Home,
• Integrated Pest Management, Indoor air quality
• Child Care Licensing Requirements
• Health & Socialization within Lesson Planning.
• Services for pregnant women: Pre-Natal Programs, Post Partum Depression, etc.
• National Health and Safety Performance Standards - add Caring for our Children Basics
• WIC program with Head Start collaborative
• USDA level presenters for healthy eating and obesity prevention
• Monitoring, Tracking, & Record Keeping Health Data
• Training requirements for participation in CACFP
• Health Literacy & Special Projects UCLA Health Care Institute
• Successful Health Service Advisory Committee Meetings
• Communicable Diseases and Short Term Exclusions
• Child Health Requirements, following-up with missing and late items
• Health Policies for Head Start Centers
• Nutrition & Obesity Prevention: Healthy Lifestyles for Families - How do we effect change
• Nutrition & Unique Needs: allergies, diabetes, special needs
• Pediatric Specialist Panel on 0-5 conditions such as Seizures & Diabetes
• Health and Safety Checklist for monitoring
• CHDP relationship with Head Start
• National Health and Safety Performance Standards for early childhood
• Disaster Preparedness for Infants, toddlers and preschoolers with disabilities
• Train the Trainers - Motivational Interviewing Health workers and Home Visitors
• Environmental Health Issues: Asthma, alternatives to bleach for cleaning and sanitizing,& lead prevention
WE ALSO ENCOURAGE PROPOSALS ON NEW HEALTH RELATED TOPICS!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service