Treasure in a Cave - 10th Paper
Before reading and answering the questions, please go over the vocabulary here:
Read the text and answer the following questions.
1. In lines I -5, we learn that the treasure was found
2,300 years ago
2. What shows that the explorers are honest men? (lines 6-12)
3. What helped the archeologists date the objects that were found? (lines 6-12)
the way the jewelry was made
the images on the coins
the writing on the pottery
the dates on the coins
4. Archeologists think that the coins and the jewelry were (lines 6-12)
made by people living in the cave
owned by Alexander the Great
put in the cave at the same time
hidden in the cave by thieves
5. What is the connection between historical events in the 4th century BCE and the treasure that was found? (lines 13-17). COMPLETE THE SENTENCES. (l) During that time in history,............ (2) The treasures were probably put in the cave in order to ..............
6. What other important discovery was found in the cave? (lines 18-22)Give ONE answer.
7. Put A "V" by the TWO correct answers (lines 23-26). The location of the cave is a secret because the Israel Antiquities Authority (-).
is afraid someone might steal treasures from the cave
doesn't need help exploring the cave
thinks the owners will come back for their coins
is worried that people will destroy the pottery
isn't looking for any more treasures
doesn't want anyone to get hurt
8. Another title for this report could be (-).
Alexander's Silver Coins
Mysteries of Ancient Israel
An Amazing Discovery
The Israel Antiquities Authority
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service