AmeriCorps VIP - Intent to Host a Fellow
The following form is for agencies interested in hosting an AmeriCorps VIP member during the service term starting in September 2019 and ending in July 2020.
Please review ALL sections prior to completing the form.
Volunteer Infrastructure Project Goals
1. Build the agency’s volunteer capacity by providing capacity building services in the areas of volunteer recruitment and management, enabling partners to increase volunteer capacity.
2. Recruit and retain agency volunteers by recruiting and generating an average of 120 volunteers per Partner Site (generally 80 one-time & 40 long-term, however, sites will create goals appropriate for the agency). Each Partner Site will set their own volunteer recruitment goal to meet agency needs.
3. Increase resources for the agency’s volunteer program by raising $2,000 in cash or in-kind donations through the establishment of at least 2 business partnerships for every partner site. Donations must directly benefit the volunteer program.
4. Develop the professional skills of all AmeriCorps members through training and real-life work experience, so that they improve overall on performance evaluations by at least 20%.
Partner Site Eligibility
1. Be a nonprofit (501(c)3), government agency, or educational organization (ie: a school)
2. Provide opportunities for AmeriCorps members to perform service that promotes the growth and support of a volunteer program that utilizes “skills-based volunteers”, (SBV) allowing the organization to better meet the needs of their clients
3. Must not use members to displace any paid employee providing similar services, or to displace any current volunteers providing similar services
4. Cannot offer members any additional salaries or wages by the partner site
5. Certify that they are a Drug-Free workplace and must be in compliance with the requirements of federal grant recipients under Section 5153 through 5158 of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988
6. Services offered by partner sites must be offered without regards to a client’s age, religion, disability, political affiliation, veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, or national origin
Partner Site Responsibilities
Selected partner sites will enjoy all the benefits of program participation and the full-time service of a dedicated AmeriCorps member. To ensure the program is a success, the partner site’s responsibilities are outlined below.
1. Program Mission Alignment
The express purpose of the VIP program is to support the partner site in building an effective volunteer program within agencies that improves the lives of the community’s children and families.
2. Program Cost
Partner sites must provide the program cost (estimated $18,000 - 19,000, depending on the anticipated living stipend increase) payable to Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS). JFS will administer the member's living stipend, health benefits, and cover payroll taxes.
3. AmeriCorps Member Support
AmeriCorps members are passionate and dedicated U.S. citizens who want to make a difference. Most AmeriCorps members have previous leadership and service experience, but will spend their year “learning the ropes” volunteer management. Many have not previously worked in the nonprofit field. These individuals perform best with mentorship from the partner site.
4. Impact tracking
The AmeriCorps VIP program receives public funds, and we strive to demonstrate transparency and accountability in all we do to honor the public tax funds that support our work. Partner sites provide on-the-ground reporting on program impacts.
Partner Site Selection Timeline
1. Returning Partner Site Submissions - no later than February 15, 2019
2. New Partner Site Submissions - no later than April 15, 2019
3. Napa County Office of Education Applications (to be distributed to sites individually) - February 2019
4. All Partner Sites selections will be made by April 30, 2019
Please confirm that you have read the above information and are ready to apply!
Yes, I have read the above information
If you have any questions, please contact
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service