SPARQ Applications Round 2 2019
TROHPIQ is excited to relaunch our scholarship program SPARQ (formerly TAHRPS)! SPARQ is a TROHPIQ- funded scholarship that aims to support allied health students in completing placements in rural and remote areas. Three bursaries of $250 each will be made available to allied health students who demonstrate the greatest commitment and interest in rural health in two offer rounds to cover placements occurring throughout the year. TROHPIQ members in any allied health discipline or TROHPIQ-associated university can apply for financial assistance with upcoming or retrospective placements. Submit your applications today!
If you have any questions or require further information please contact Elise at
or Shannon at
Offer Round 2: 3 x $250 bursaries available
Application opens: Sept 14th 2019*
Applications close: Sept 28th 2019
Successful applicants will be notified by Oct 12th 2019
*Covering placements with a commencement or completion date from 1st July – 31st December 2019 inclusive
- Student enrolled full-time in an allied health course (domestic or International) at any TROHPIQ affiliated university
TROHPIQ member (to be checked by Membership Officer)
- Undertaking a rural placement (as per the Modified Monash criteria) either for university studies or as an elective – at least 2 weeks duration (longer rotations will receive greater weight)
- Not in receipt of another scholarship or funding to complete placement
- Must write a report at the end of placement describing what they have used the funds for and provide photos
1) Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in rural health and TROHPIQ involvement
2) Plans for funds and demonstrated benefit in completing placement
3) Rural location of placement and contribution to community while there
4) Consideration for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
First and last name
Year of study:
Area of study
Are you currently a TROHPIQ member?
No, but I'm signing up now -
Do you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person?
Torres Strait Islander
Prefer not to say
Placement date and location
Are you in receipt of another funding source to complete this placement?
Applications for other funding sources pending
In 150 words or less, please describe the placement you have or were planning to undertake, and what you plan to do with the scholarship (be specific as possible). Please send any supporting evidence for your application if applicable to
In 150 words or less, how have you demonstrated a commitment to rural health? Please attach any supporting evidence for your application if applicable to
In 150 words or less, explain how this placement will benefit your studies and consideration of a career in rural health?
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of TROHPIQ.
Terms of Service