1) Your piece must be on the UIL Prescribed Music List.
Rules for solo classification are as follows: Class 1 solo-small ensemble competition may be entered by any student. Selections to be performed shall be taken from the lists prescribed for Class 1 competition. Class 2 solo-small ensemble competition may be entered by any student who has not previously earned a Division I rating in Class 1 competition. Class 3 Solo-Small Ensemble competition may be entered by any student who has not previously earned a Division I rating in Class 1 or 2 competition.
2) You must have an original copy of your music to give to the judges. You may not give the judges a Xeroxed copy due to copyright law. If you pay for a digital copy of the music, you must provide the judges with the copyright release.
3) You must pay for your own accompanist. An accompanist is required if your piece has an accompaniment part. Mrs. King will provide an accompanist, or you can find your own. However, you must know their name and have spoken with them to reserve the date before you enter this contest.
4) You must have a private teacher to prepare you for the festival.
* If you are missing one or more of these requirements you may not sign up for the festival.