Quiz: Polka! in Wisconsin
You might love polka, but how much do you know? Test your knowledge!
1. Polka is the official state dance of Wisconsin?
2. Is this instrument an accordion or a concertina?
3. When playing an accordion, which hand typically plays the bass and chords?
Both at the same time
4. What instrument is not commonly seen in a polka band? (Select all that apply)
5. Polka music is in what time signature?
6. What style of polka music can you hear in Wisconsin?
All of the above (and more!)
7. Which song is not a polka?
“She’s Too Fat”
“In Heaven There is No Beer”
8. Which Wisconsin city hosts this polka festival?
9. Which Wisconsin-based brewery makes a beer called "Polka King Porter"?
10. The following Metallica lyrics can be found in which polka? "Exit light Enter night Take my hand Off to Never-never Land"
Happy Valley Polka
Black Jack Polka
Polka Your Eyes Out
Old Milwaukee Polka
Bonus Question: Polka music is ...
A Social Event
A Good Place for Single People to Search for Love
All of the Above
Join host Mollie B. for a lively, nostalgic look at the history of polka in Wisconsin in a new documentary airing Monday, March 6 at 7 p.m. on Wisconsin Public Television.
Funding for Polka! is provided in part by:
The Stanley J. Cottrell Fund || International Polka Association || Wisconsin Dells Polka Fest || Friends of Wisconsin Public Television
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service