Application deadline: ongoing – applications will be reviewed monthly and awarded as funding is available.
Your scholarship application will be judged in part on the following criteria:
1. Needs of the organization and student
2. Past performance in class
3. Future leadership potential
4. Best fit for the individual and organization
Rules and Guidelines:
1. The Milpitas High School Music Boosters will award up to a $200.00 scholarship per school year
for active student members of the Milpitas High School Band and Orchestra who are enrolled in
monthly private music lessons, or attend an approved music camp/training on their school instrument.
2. Recipients must have a grade of 85% or higher in their music classes.
3. The award will usually be paid directly to the student or parent at the end of your second month
of music lessons or camp attendance.
4. The student and their family are responsible for all start-up, material, and lesson costs.
5. All decisions of this Scholarship Committee are final.
6. Proof of lesson/camp payment and attendance must be provided to the music boosters before a scholarship check will be issued. (A receipt from your private music teacher or cancelled check can be submitted as proof of payment.)
7. Scholarships cannot be used for piano lessons.