Jazz Music in New Haven
Elm City has a long history of jazz music and musicians that should never be forgotten. Do you know (or can you find out) anything about these incredible jazz music artists and their tunes?
Fill out the quiz using any resource you like and the winners will be entered into a prize raffle at the end of the month!
1) The Monterey was a popular music joint in New Haven during the city's jazz era and significant to the history of the jazz scene in Connecticut -- which Elm City citizen created the club?
2) During World War 11 and Jazz's "Golden Age" the famous big band leader Glen Miller was headquartered in New Haven, using his music to boost wartime morale and recruitment. Miller was also enlisted at the time in:
The Army Air Corps
The National Guard
The U.S. Army Infantry
3) What non-profit volunteer jazz advocacy group currently operates in New Haven to preserve the history of jazz in Elm City and its popularity today?
The New Haven Jazz Historical Society
The Elm City Jazz Community
4) Which jazz musician currently in New Haven played back in the day with the greats like Duke Ellington and Dizzie Gillespie?
5) What is the name of the famous documentary on New Haven's history of jazz and its legends?
Jazz in Connecticut: the New Haven Story
Elm City Jazz
Would you like to sign up for our newsletter?
Stetson Campaign Announcements
The Hoot Newsletter
Young Minds & Family Learning
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service