RA Contract Request: Summer 2021
Please use this form to request an RA contract for Summer 2021. Although it is customary and good practice to include benefits (tuition and/or health insurance coverage), there are no university or department requirements that you provide them. Please note, all contracts will be generated via DocuSign with electronic signatures - check your email. PLEASE TALK WITH YOUR GRANT ADMINISTRATOR PRIOR TO COMPLETING THIS FORM TO ENSURE FUNDING IS AVAILABLE AND CHARTSTRINGS ARE CORRECT.
Email address *
Name of Faculty Requesting RA Contract *
Student Information:
First Name of Student *
Last Name of Student *
Student Campus ID or Empl ID (9-digit code found next to the student's name in their PeopleSoft Advising profile) *
What degree is the student pursuing? *
Is this a new international student who needs to coordinate with IES?
Clear selection
Period of Contract Appointment start and end date To see a pay period calendar go to: https://tinyurl.com/tn72yxg
Please pay attention to start and end dates!! It can be very helpful for future reference if you keep copies of all your RA contracts and enter your RAs' contract start and end dates in your Google Calendar.
Contract Dates: To see a pay period calendar go to: https://tinyurl.com/tn72yxg *
Number of Weekly Hours (students cannot work more than 20 hours/week in a regular semester) *
Amount stated should correspond with "Period of Appointment"

For calculation purposes -- see the appointment example below.
Start Date 5/23/2021 End Date 8/14/2021 which is 6 pay periods.

10-hour: $497.50 bi-weekly then total stipend equals $2985.

20-hour: $995. bi-weekly then total stipend equals $5970.

*The bi-weekly amount is based on what a TA in CSEE is paid. As a PI you should talk to your grant administrator prior to completing this form.
For more information go to the Grad School website: https://gradschool.umbc.edu/funding/assistantships/stipends/
Total Stipend/Salary (FULL stipend amount for the entire contract, not the bi-weekly rate) *
Tuition Remission
You may pick any number of credits to provide for tuition remission during each semester of the contract period. Please remember that graduate assistants MUST be registered as "full-time" students during regular fall/spring (at least 9-credits each semester) to have a graduate assistantship.

Graduate Assistants must register for GRAD 600 (part-time RAs) or GRAD 601 (full-time RAs). These courses are tuition/fees free but allow the university to track the number and types of graduate assistants. GRAD 600 is good for 3 credits and GRAD 601 is good for 5 credits therefore reducing the number of "actual" credits that a student must register for.
Number of Tuition Remission Credits *
Health Insurance Coverage
This does not apply for summer RA requests.
Which account(s) will this contract be paid from?
Please the indicate FULL chart string(s) the contract should be charged to. If you will be splitting between multiple chart strings, please indicate what % will come from each chart string.

SAMPLE Chart String: 1253-10463-022-CSEE1234-BUD001

If you are unsure of what the full chart string is, CONTACT YOUR GRANT ADMINISTRATOR: Alex Via, Gina Fischer or (Debbie Wellens if CARTA)

**Most grants do not allow for benefits only to be charged for a Research Assistant. This means that you cannot charge stipend to one grant and benefits to another.**
Comments, information, etc. that was not covered in the form:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UMBC. Report Abuse