26 October 2023
The Asian Peoples' Movement on Debt and Development (APMDD), a member organisation of Global Campaign to Demand Climate Justice (DCJ) invites DCJ member organizations and all other climate justice and human rights organizations to sign the statement condemning the ongoing genocide of the Palestinian people at the hands of an apartheid state in the Occupied Territories of Gaza and the West Bank.
Deadline: 30 October 3:00 pm UTC/GMT. or 11 pm Manila
Please the read the full statement here
In light of the ongoing violence and the appalling human rights violations in Gaza by the apartheid state of Israel, we call for the following urgent measures:
- Immediate Ceasefire: We echo the calls of the United Nations Secretary General and humanitarian and human rights organisations for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.
- End the illegal blockade: Urgent humanitarian and emergency aid must be provided to civilians in Gaza. The people of Gaza are in dire need of medical supplies, food, water, and other essential resources, which need to be restored urgently.
- Stop War Crimes: Israel must be held accountable for its actions that breach international law, including attacks on hospitals, forced evacuations, and the illegal blockade on Gaza for decades.
- End Impunity: All those responsible for war crimes including the State of Israel must be held to account for their actions. All civilian hostages, including the thousands of Palestinian political prisoners held without charge or trial must be released. Western powers must stop their support for Israel, including ending arms sales to Israel particularly in the context of human rights violations and stop all support and funding to Israel immediately. Political alliances should not take precedence over human lives.
- End Apartheid and Occupation: We support the self-determination of the Palestinian people in the territories occupied by Israel since 1967. We call on Israel to end its system of apartheid and for the right of return and compensation to Palestinian refugees. We call on the international community to finally uphold the UN resolutions for a safe, secure and viable State of Palestine alongside a State of Israel.