Canadian Improv Games Trainer - Application Form
The Canadian Improv Games is looking to hire Trainer's across Canada for this coming school year! As a specialist in CIG curriculum, you will teach CIG registered high school and secondary school teams during in-school sessions, All Teams meets and Regional Tournaments as assigned.
- Reports to the National Office
- Trains individual teams that have registered for private workshops
- Host training sessions for teachers and new schools
- Works with the Regional Producer or Operations Manager to curate the All-Teams session
- Acts as a local liaison to Regional Producers in facilitating CIG programs
- Full understanding of the Canadian Improv Games training resources
- Up to date knowledge of the Improv.ca Learning Centre
- Minimum 3 years experience with CIG curriculum
- Has received training as a Judge on a Regional or National level
- Has a current vulnerable sector record check
- Has valid driver's license and access to a vehicle (reliable transportation to all schools in your region in mandatory)
- Has a general willingness to learn and accept all forms of improvisation and inspire young people to continue to learn improvisation skills of any style.
- Understands that the Canadian Improv Games has a specific format of improvisation and a clear system of evaluation.
A Trainer is comfortable navigating the balance between a real competition (the CIG) and training for comfort in improvisational failure. We focus on the goal and flourish in the constant change improvisation offers us.
COMPENSATION & OTHER DETAILS:
- $17/ hour, hours approved ahead of time by Operations Manager
- contracts run October-May
- infrequent hours based on when schools request training and when CIG events are scheduled
- must be available for events on weekdays and weekends
- Vancouver Island
- North Central Ontario/Toronto/Tri-City
- New Brunswick/PEI
Phone number where we can reach you
In which region are you applying to train?
Southern Ontario (GTA/Tri-City/North-Central)
New Brunswick/ PEI
Do you have experience working with youth ages 13-18? If yes, explain.
Do you have experience teaching improv or theatre? If yes, explain.
Do you currently volunteer with the CIG? If yes, please explain how long and in what capacity
Do you have access to transportation?
Workshops very often take place outside of the city centre. Travel costs and mileage will be discussed in the interview- but we need to know if you have reliable access to a vehicle.
Why do you want to become a trainer for the CIG?
Getting an up to date vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement for working with minors- anyone working with/volunteering for the CIG must have an up to date VSC. Do you have a current VSC or are you willing to get one?
Last thing! We need your resume! Please send it over to
I've already sent it!
I'm sending it in the next 48 hours!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Canadian Improv Games.