Summer is coming to an end and the school year is about to begin. This means another great year of AWANA is on its way. AWANA is a Bible memorization and teaching program for children from age 3 through high school. Our start date of September 13 is quickly approaching, and we are busy preparing for the upcoming term. We encourage you and your children to be a part of this rewarding ministry.• We have continued to revise and improve the AWANA program so that we provide a quality ministry to our children (and parents) that is centered on God's Word. Please remember the following:
• We ask a parent or caregiver to stay for the evening. We have Prayer Meeting in the kitchen beginning at 6:30 pm each Wednesday for teens and adults. If you are not able to stay, you may leave your child with an adult attending that night, but please notify their leader at sign in, who will be responsible for your child.
• We ask that you follow our sick child policy, which is as follows: If your child has had fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, persistent cough, or an obvious contagious condition such as head lice or pink eye. We ask that they be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to the AWANA program.
• AWANA is a fun time. To give a focus on what is important, we offer lots of opportunities to earn points and awards, such as memorizing Bible verses, completing assignments, being on time, bringing your Bible, bringing friends and wearing your AWANA vest/shirt. Make sure you are diligent and you will have a lot of AWANA dollars to spend at the AWANA, store!
• In order to promote unity among the students who are a part of AWANA, we require those who have their vest or shirt to wear it each Wednesday evening. If your child does not yet have a vest or shirt, one will be provided once he or she earns it.
• In order to minimize distractions, we ask families to be on time. Each child who is in the sanctuary at the start of songs will receive an extra AWANA dollar to use in the AWANA store.
• Every couple of weeks, we will have a special night. This is when the children will have an opportunity to add some extra fun to the evening. For example, one special night might be to dress up as your favorite Bible character. The children will be notified the week prior regarding what the following special night will be.
• While the children have free time after saying verses, there will be an activity for them to participate in. Most of the time, the activity will center on what was taught in the lesson. However, on special occasions, there will be a holiday or seasonal themed craft planned for them to do.
• On Our First Night of AWANA.... At our Welcome Center, you will see a sign showing each child's designated AWANA group and where that group is located in the sanctuary (using a color code) You and your child will go the their group to meet their leaders and check in. Doors to the gym will open at 6:10 pm. Check in time is from 6:10-6:20 pm. Once signed in, your child will stay with leaders through out the evening and meet back in the sanctuary at 7:45 for check out. It is important that you come in to sign your child out. We ask that you follow this procedure each week. Children will not be permitted to exit the gym without a parent or care giver.
• In this packet, we are including a calendar for the year. It includes the dates for the AWANA stores, special nights, and the dates we will not have AWANA. As with any schedule, there is a possibility these dates may need to be changed, but if that happens, each family will be notified of the change.
We meet on Wednesday nights. The schedule is as follows:
5:30-6:15 Dinner 6:10 Gym opens 6:10-6:20 Sign in with Group Leaders in Sanctuary 6:20-6:25 Song time 6:25-6:45 Lesson 6:50-7:10 Memory and Activity for T & T Games for Cubbies and Sparks 7:15-7:35 Memory and Activity for Cubbies and Sparks Games for T & T 7:40-7:45 Everyone meets in Sanctuary for Closing and Awards
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Sandy Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to having you join us on Wednesday evenings! To God be the glory!
The full calendar for the 2017-2018 school year is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwSYnx968Wq2TnE2QkRpQzZ0aW8/view?usp=sharing
Please click "Continue" to register.