Important characteristics of a Platt 360 Leader:• Able to be part of the Platt 360 program and be successful in and out of school• Team player• Hard worker• Committed to the Platt 360 program• Likes to have FUN
Benefits of being a Platt 360 Leader• Develop leadership and equity skills• Lots of time to interact with other students• Make a difference in the lives of 6th graders• Representative of the Platt 360 program
It is MANDATORY that you attend the three events listed below to become a Platt 360 Leader. There will be NO MAKE-UP trainings.
1. Play Day: Tuesday, May 21st from 1:00-3:45 p.m. (A day in the spring to get to know each other and plan for next year.) 2. Platt 360 Leader Training: Monday, August 5th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and Tuesday, August 6th from 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. (pizza lunch provided)
3. Sixth Grade Orientation Day: Wednesday, August 14th 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. (wear t-shirt)
Other Platt 360 Duties:- Contact 6th graders regularly in and outside of co-op / pack reset
- Thursday morning 360 meetings (7:45 – 8:30 a.m. in the choir room – approximately every other Thursday morning starting August 22nd – exact calendar TBD)
- Recognize your 6th graders' birthdays by decorating their locker
- Platt 360 Celebration - spring 2019, exact date TBD
Selection Timeline:Wednesday, April 24th - Applications will be available on the Platt home page
Friday, May 3rd - Online applications are due by 4:00 p.m. The online link will be removed at that time and no late applications will be accepted.
Friday, May 17th - All applicants will be informed via EMAIL after school whether or not they were accepted into the program