Bargad, in collaboration with Umeed Jawan and the Government of Punjab, is holding a three-day Pur Amn Pakistan Conference.
The main aim of this Pur Amn Pakistan Conference will be to reflect upon the extremism situation, key challenges to civil society, the media and communities and to devise strategies for countering violent extremism and peace promotion through cutting-edge recommendations. This will be attended by Parliamentarians, Political Leaders, Government Officials, Policy Makers, Civil Society Organizations, Thematic Experts, Community Leaders and Media Representatives.
The objectives of the activities of this conference are as follows:
1. To decipher the National Action Plan (NAP) and mobilize support from public interest groups.
2. Pay tribute to the parents of the young martyrs of the Peshawar attack and vow to “Never Again”.
3. Collect recommendation from the dignitaries from media, government and policy making, to devise an effective implementation plan for the National Action Plan.
4. Scrutinize the media, youth and education sectors to identify root causes for extremism.
Who Can Apply?
Young people between 18-29 years who fulfill the following criteria can apply for the Conference :
• Have a valid proof of identity (CNIC/B-Form).
• Preferably be a student of social sciences or have deep.interest in counter violent extremism and peace promotion activities.
• Be available in Lahore for three days i.e. 27th-29th May, 2015.
• Take pride in ownership of being Pakistani and aspire to reclaim a peaceful and violence free Pakistan.
• Be concerned about the youth and their role in the society and need a platform to use their creativity for turning their ideas into action for a peaceful and violence free Pakistan.
Conference Cost :
BARGAD will bear the cost of accommodation, conference kit and meals for participants. However, due to limited seats, the selection will be on a first come first serve basis. You will be contacted via e-mail if you are selected for the conference, after reviewing your application.
NOTE: Travel reimbursement is only for existing BVN Members/Coordinators/Mentors. (Fixed Amount)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Ms. Bushra Sadiq
Manager Outreach Programme, Bargad
Mr. Usman Rasheed,
Phone: +92-332-8197657, +92-310-6336167
Note: The last date for application submission is 10th of May 2015.