DNA transcription/translation 2019 Agbio HONORS
1. An RNA nucleotide COULD be composed of following parts. check all that apply.
3. What are the two steps in reading the DNA code? check all that apply
4. If a DNA strand reading 3' TTT GAG CCC ATA 5' is transcribed, what mRNA would you make?
5' IST ILL DON TKN OWP LEA SEH ELP ME 3'
3' AAA CUC GGG UAU 5'
5' AAA CTC GGG TAT 3'
5' GGG ACA TTT CGC 3'
5' TTT GAG CCC ATA 3'
5' AAA CUC GGG UAU 3'
5. What are the 3 types of RNA. Check all that apply
6. If diagram 2 above were a RNA nucleotide, letter C could NOT be
7 . In a sample of DNA, 25% of the nitrogenous bases are thymine. The complementary strand would consist of
8. The main enzyme (s) involved in TRANSCRIPTION is (are) CHECK ALL THAT APPLY
9. In diagram 3 below, X represents
10. In diagram 3 below, Y represents
11. In the diagram below, molecule A is
a complementary strand of DNA
parent strand of DNA
daughter strand of DNA
12. In diagram below molecule D is
parent strand of DNA
13. According to Hank in the video HOT POCKETS that you were asked to watch, the molecule Titin is
the longest protein found in your body
an important Enzyme involved in transcription and translation
the main ingredient in Hot Pockets (mmmmmm hot pockets!)
proteins found in the ebola virus
an really big piece of RNA
14. What mRNA would we make if we transcribed the following piece of DNA: 3' AAA GCT GTA 5'
3' UUU CGA CAU 5'
5' TTT CGA CAT 3'
3' TTT CGA CAT 5'
5' UUU CGA CAU 3'
15. Before mRNA can leave the nucleus, it first must be
capped and spliced
nothing...it does not leave the nucleus
16. A messenger RNA molecule for making a protein is made in the nucleus and sent out to a ribosome. The ribosome reads the mRNA and makes a protein containing 120 amino acids. The mRNA consisted of at least how many codons?
17. The nucleotide sequence of DNA is GTA. A messenger RNA molecule with a complementary codon is transcribed from the DNA. In the process of translation (protein synthesis), a transfer RNA pairs with the mRNA codon. What is the base sequence of the tRNA anticodon?
18. Using the diagram below (diagram 3), what portion of the protein molecule is coded for the the following mRNA? mRNA = CUC AAG UGC UUC
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service