Clark Tank 2023 Committee is taking applications for the 2023 Clark Tank App Design Challenge as a part of the Clark Tank Program. This portion of Clark Tank is specifically geared toward students interested in designing and executing a digital app business and is centered around learning what it takes to build a startup through formal product discovery and designing an app prototype.
Applications are accepted starting October 31, 2022, and closing on January 20, 2023 - at 11:59 pm (ET). Notification of acceptance to Clark Tank is ongoing and you will be notified of acceptance within 3 business days.
This year’s Clark Tank App Design Challenge will work with students in presenting to a distinguished panel of judges for a chance to win up to $1500 toward their digital application.
This Clark Tank challenge is designed to help you take your idea into the world of app design. You do not need coding skills to join. All participants will be provided with tools and resources to help develop their design skills. Additionally, this challenge will help you explore your market, understand your customers and competitors, and develop a top-notch funding pitch.
Requirements of Clark Tank participation:
1. You must be a Clark student to participate.
2. All accepted participants are required to complete the required paperwork - provided after acceptance.
3. You do not need to have a fully developed app idea.
4. You must work in teams of at least 2. Solopreneurs will require special approval.
5. You MUST
register for ENT296-1 (.5 unit) SP TP: Clark Tank App Design Challenge (Design Thinking & Product Management) during Module #1 of the spring 2023 semester (7 weeks) starting Friday, January 20, meeting on Friday mornings from 9-11:50 am, with finals on March 2023. This class is taught by Alex Turgeon. Students may also elect to audit this course.
6. You will attend the final pitch competition on March 3 from 9 am-12 pm in the Alumni & Student Engagement Center Board Room, with lunch and network to follow. The judging panel will consist of top app designers, successful entrepreneurs, potential investors, and Clark alumni.
7. You will be mentored throughout the program to ensure you have the highest chance of award funding.
Please contact Teresa Quinn, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program Manager at TQuinn@clarku.edu
if you have questions. Good luck!