Plantation Primary School & Nursery - Nursery Admissions Request Form
Completing the Knowsley school nursery application form
Please note the following before you complete the application form:
• The surname is that stated on the child’s birth certificate. If your child is known by another surname you can give the chosen name but please also provide the legal surname (from the birth certificate).
• Check the date of birth you give is correct - if you do not state a date of birth that falls within the relevant age range your application may be disregarded. Schools will normally request proof of birth date, for example a birth certificate, to confirm the child is of the correct age to start nursery class.
• The address given must be where the child is registered as living, therefore, the address of a childminder or other relative etc should not be given. If a child lives between two addresses, e.g. if there is split care, the household in receipt of child benefit would normally be the address used for allocation purposes but the admission authority reserve the right to request other proofs as ft the individual circumstance.
• If you are expecting to move address after the closing date, you should apply using your current address -it is then your responsibility to notify the school if/when a move takes place (proof of change of address will normally be required).
• Following allocations, oversubscribed schools will request proof of address, for example a council tax or utility bill in the name of the applicant. The admission authority reserve the right to make investigations should a query be raised relating to address details provided by the applicant.
• If your child has a Statement of Special Education Needs (SEN) / Education Health Care Plan (EHCP), you will have been involved in assessment and reviews and have a link officer in the local authority Special Needs Team.
• Children in the care of the local authority are normally those as defined in section 22 of the Children’s Act. They may live with a foster family, in a children’s home or in their own home - Social Services will be involved. Check with your Social Worker if you are not sure. Also, as defined in the School Admissions Code -‘children who were looked after and ceased to be so because they immediately became adopted or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders’. It is the responsibility of parents/carers who wish to have their child considered as a current or previous child looked after by the local authority to provide evidence of this to the school at the point of application.
• For children whose parents/carers are service personnel with a confirmed posting to the area, or crown servants returning from overseas to live in the area please provide a copy of an official letter showing the relocation date and unit postal address or quartering address.
• The person making the application should have parental responsibility for the child.
• Please provide a daytime contact telephone number as this will assist the school if they need to contact you regarding your application for any reason and prevent delays in processing.
• You will need to complete a separate application for each school you wish to make an application to.
• If you have a child currently attending the school named, please give their details (see admission policy for how siblings are considered).
• You may state reasons why you want your child to attend the school named as preference. If you are attaching additional documents, please ensure your child’s name and date of birth is clearly stated on each sheet and secured to your application form.
• Please read the declaration and ensure you sign and date your application form before returning it to your school of preference.
In case of query, please contact the individual school or: Knowsley School Admissions, Education Improvement Team PO Box 21, Archway Road, Huyton, Knowsley L36 9YU Tel: (0151) 443 3372 / 5143 / 5142 Email:
Knowsley Council will use the information provided on your school admission application and any other supporting information you provide for the following purposes.
• To ensure the efficient co-ordination and fair allocation of school places
• To ensure your child has access to school associated entitlements
• To ensure information is accurate
• To prevent or detect crime
• To protect public funds
• To meet our key aims and legal duties
We use the information to complete our duties under the Department for Education’s ‘School Admissions Code’ (2014) and ‘School Admissions Appeal Code’ (2012).
There may be a requirement to share information with schools, other council service areas, local health trusts, other local authorities and central government. This will only be when necessary and where the law allows it to support the applications process.
For more information about how we use and store your personal data, please visit
where you can access the full privacy notice for the School Admission Service. Alternatively, contact
or telephone (0151) 443 3373 to request a copy of the document.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Plantation Primary School & Nursery.