Project Borealis - Technical Designer
Be part of something exciting!
As a Technical Designer, you are a game or level designer by background and known for your technical skills. You will be part of the Level Design team, creating and implementing complex system design elements for the game. You will also act as a technical reference for the Level Designers on the project supporting their efforts.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assist with the prototyping and production of the technical elements of a game feature or level design tool
• Constantly assess designs, game features and pipelines, identify risks and look for systemic improvements
• Assist in the testing of new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team
• Help the Level Design team to maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical budget restraints
• Conduct training sessions for all level designers on the tools and methods used on the project and contribute to training materials
• Carry out ad hoc production tasks with the level design team and provide constant technical support on the tools and engines for every member of the team
• Strong knowledge and understanding of 3D FPS engines (e.g. Unreal, Source, idTech) and their associated editors
• Experience designing or scripting first person shooter levels and the considerations that play into crafting those experiences
• Experience working on a released, high quality video game project (mod, map, indie game, AAA game, or other)
• Experience programming in C++, C#, Lua
• Strong understanding how end users experience and utilize tools
• Ability to clearly present ideas as well as communicate in technical language
• Innate curiosity and drive to understand how things work
• The ability to give and take constructive criticism
• The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
• The ability to contribute, on average, 10 hours a week to Project Borealis
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hoover.