1. Replacement or new exterior LED lighting on buildings. We'll cover 50% of costs, up to $1500
2. Upgrading adjacent public street lamp lighting to LED fixtures. We'll cover 50% of costs per block up to $2000
In the first option, you can work with the SBIA recommended vendor, Relight Solutions, and receive a free assessment and quote for LED lighting upgrades. Or you can seek quotes and services from the company of your choice. Provide cost estimates of proposed work in a following section of this application form. Pre-approved grants will be provided for exterior lighting installations, and paid upon completion of work and presentation of receipts to SBIA.
In the second option, we can work with you to determine if any neighbouring properties and businesses are interested in contributing to upgrading the public street lamps on your block to LED light fixtures. The City of Vancouver is able to install LED lights in public street lamps, but require neighbourhood funding (not within current City operational budgets). The SBIA will support scheduling the installation of new LED street lights with City crews, collecting funds from contributing businesses, and covering 50% of costs per block up to $2000. Product and installation costs per fixture is approximately $770.
Relight is a team of lighting specialists that empower their clients to make informed decisions to improve lighting, save electricity and virtually eliminate maintenance costs. After a free audit, they will help you find tailored solutions to maximize savings and rebates. They manage every aspect of a project and can guarantee superior results at a fair price. Their satisfied customers include The Bank of Montreal, London Drugs, Save On Foods and McDonald's Corporate.
The SBIA recommends working with Relight Solutions for Option 1 of this grant program.
- New or replacement energy efficient exterior lighting fixtures- All associated electrical work and components to service the new or replacement exterior lighting fixtures- Associated installation costs for the exterior fixtures - Product and installation costs associated with installing LED light fixtures in public street lamps
- Interior demolition- Operating or regular maintenance costs (including costs of electricity) - New construction or reconstruction not related to the exterior lighting elements
- Applications must be received and approved by the SBIA in advance of any work proceeding in order to receive a grant- Proposed lighting projects must use energy efficient technology, such as LED light fixtures