CoViD-19 HP Virtual Relay
There are 2 teams - Odds and Evens. Your year of birth dictates which team you are in. For example, if you're born in 1980, you are an “Even”. You get the idea? The relay kicks off on Sunday 22/03/20 (hopefully) with a random name picker app selecting the first 2 runners. ...We may nominate 2 captains or may not!
Where can you run (or jog, skip, walk, hop if you're injured!) I hear you ask?... anywhere - if you can do it outside - great! If not - on a treadmill (not in a public gym!), around your backyard, your living room, up and down the stairs - whatever is possible for you!
The relay will continue until the virus ends or we get bored. At that point, The winning team will be the one with most distance covered.
1. The first runners for each team will be selected by a random name selector (already done). If you are picked, please confirm that you can run that day. Don’t worry if you can’t, you’ll get another chance and you can just select the next runner in your team who hasn't got a distance completed from the google sheet here:
2. Each runner runs for 19 minutes (aka a “Hardcastle”) and records the distance covered - via Strava, GPS or “old skool” (OS map and a piece of cotton).
3. Each runner MUST carry a baton. The sillier, the better. There probably will or will not be prizes…
4. Once a runner completes their run, they must post pictures of themselves and their baton plus the distance covered on Facebook (or email
, who will post it) then update their time in the google sheet in step 1 and also nominate some one on the same team who hasn't got a distance completed from the sheet – if they don’t nominate someone, Lisa can use the random name picker to select the next runner.
5. The team that has covered the most ground at the end of the challenge, wins the much-coveted Covid-19 trophy.
6. In the event of a draw, no one will care.
7. Each team must include athletes of all ages, genders and haircuts.
8. Each team can “play their joker”. That runner gets double distance!
9. Daftness is encouraged.
10. It is a competition, but no one cares who wins.
11. Expect the rules to change mid-relay.
Register your interest below
Email (if not contactable on facebook)
Team Odd or Even? (Based on your year of birth)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service