• Local business should receive consideration when planning fundraisers. For example, selling coupons for services and products from local businesses inside the city limits is preferable to selling coupons to businesses outside the city limits.
• Literature promoting the fundraising activity shall contain a statement suggesting to parents that a donation of (specified dollar amount) instead of their child’s participation in the fundraiser would be appropriate and appreciated.
• Students must communicate the purpose of the fundraiser to those solicited for participation.
• Multiple fundraisers per year are discouraged, depending on the nature of the activity.
• Applications to raise funds must be submitted 30-days prior to the semester during which the fundraiser will occur.
• All fundraisers must be approved by the Director of Human Resources.
• Notification of approval or denial will be made within 5-days of receipt of application.
• Should a spontaneous community service project or another unanticipated need to raise funds arise, waiving submission deadlines will be a consideration.
For further information regarding fundraising in the Smithville R-II School District, reference policy IGDF or contact the Director of Human Resources at 816-532-0406.