2020 Adoption or Foster Application
Applicant (MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO APPLY) PLEASE be sure to read our policies before applying for adoption.
All required fields below must be filled out in full. Please read each question and fill out properly or your application may be delayed.
Please DO NOT apply for adoption unless you are ready. This would include at least a three sided shelter, fencing in good repair, and being financially able to adopt when you apply. If you are not prepared to have a horse come to your property today, or cannot pay the adoption fee today, do not apply.
Adoption works in three (3) easy steps…
1) If you find a horse you are interested in fill out an application. Someone from our adoption committee will contact you for a phone interview. The information collected at this time will help us in making a good match when adding you to our potential adopter’s list. If there is a specific animal you would like to offer a home to, you can let the Committee member know and arraignments will be made as quickly as possible for you to be introduced to the animal if it is available.
2) If you find that special addition to your herd the next step will be to pay the required processing fee of $25 (non-refundable) to help us offset our fuel cost to do a facility check. This is not a part of the actual horse adoption fee. NO application will be processed further without this application fee on file. PLEASE be sure to read our policies before applying for adoption. Once the application fee has been received your facility check will be preformed by a HHT Adoption Committee member. At this time the animal you are interested in will be marked as “Pending” in our records.
* Because we are a volunteer organization this may not always happen right away. Facility checks depend on the availability of a field agent in your area. The further away from Knoxville you are, the longer it may take.
* In the event your facility does not pass inspection at the time of the check you will be allowed a reasonable length of time to make any suggested improvements before the animal is placed back up for adoption.
3) Once a facility check is done and approved, arraignments will be made to finalize your adoption. Usually the adopter provides transportation, but HHT can provide this for a minimal fee of $3.00 per mile one way with a $75 minimum charge. Deliveries cannot exceed 100 miles.
* Once an adoption is approved, the adopter has 7 days to pick up the animal or make arrangements to have it delivered or a $10 per day board charge will be added to their adoption fee. If this fee isn't paid in advance the animal will be placed back up for adoption, so PLEASE, do not apply unless you are ready to adopt.
To speed up the process it would be helpful if you would enclose pictures of the shelter that will be provided, fencing and pasture area and any other animals on the property when you turn in your application. These pictures can be emailed to
We do allow adopters to "board" a horse as long as a boarding facility agreement is sign ahead of time. No mares are allowed to be boarded or go to a facility that houses studs on the property, Only geldings will be allowed to be adopted out if this is the case.
No horse will be adopted out to any facility, boarding barn, training barn that houses "Padded" TWH's.
First & Last Name
Adoption, Foster, or Both?
Which equine are you interested in?
Do you currently own horses? Or have you owned horses in the past?
Yes, I currently own horses.
Yes, I have owned horses in the past but don't currently own.
No, I have never owned horses before.
If you answered yes to the previous question, how long have you owned horses?
Less than 1 year
More than 10 years
Do you plan on keeping the equine at your facility or boarding?
I will keep the adopted equine at my residence.
I plan on boarding my adopted equine.
What is the best number to reach you at?
What is the address where you will be housing your new equine? If a boarding facility, please list a phone number.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service