1) Explore the lab’s website to get a sense of what we do and why. Read some of the recent publications and review the recent lab newsletters.
2) The lab is located in Gilmer Hall room B032.
3) RAs in the Babylab make a year-long commitment of 10 hours/week (in exchange for 3 credit hours per semester). RAs typically work those hours in 3- to 5-hour shifts between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday-Friday.
4) RAs are required to participate in 1-3 events to recruit new families for our studies per academic year. These last from 3-5 hours/each, and often take place on weekends.
* NOTE: We typically review and interview applicants in late March for the following academic year. Accepted RAs begin working either over the summer (on a volunteer basis only) or at the start of the Fall semester. New RAs participate in a required training session prior to the start of the Fall semester.
*NOTE: We also review and interview applicants in late October for the following academic year. Accepted RAs begin working at the start of the Spring semester. New RAs participate in a required training session at the beginning of the Spring semester.
* SUMMER APPLICANTS: If you are interested in applying for a volunteer summer position, please complete the application provided below. If you are not a UVa student, indicate your institution in the "anything else you'd like us to know" box at the end of the application.
If you are still interested (we hope you are!), complete the application below and email your resume to the lab coordinator, Katrina Farris (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will review your application materials and get in touch with you, typically within 48 hours. If you have questions, feel free to contact our lab coordinator, Katrina Farris (email@example.com).