Award categories include:
• Good Corporate Neighbor- Awards in the following categories will be given in recognition of outstanding workplace volunteer programs.
• Large- Presented to companies with 250 or more employees.
• Small- Presented to companies with two to 249 employees.
• Employee VOLUNTEER of the Year- Recognizes employee volunteers who have developed an outstanding record of community service leading or participating in company-sponsored community service or via personal community service efforts.
• The Velocity Award- Recognizes an up and coming employee VOLUNTEER program in its first year.
Other considerations include:
• The Corporate VOLUNTEER Excellence Awards honor a company's overall employee volunteer effort, including community service projects, the program policies and the corporate vision that support these activities. Emphasis is placed on active volunteer service versus solely philanthropy.
• Company must operate in Hampton Roads and volunteer work must have been performed in the local community.
• Any for-profit business with two or more employees based in Hampton Roads is eligible.
• Military groups, schools and nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations are not eligible.
• Self nominations are accepted.
• Recipients of the 2017 Corporate VOLUNTEER Excellence Awards are not eligible in the same category in 2018.