NDC Temporary Assistance Request
This is an application for temporary assistance related to a financial burden created by unemployment, an accident, illness or some other unexpected circumstance. This program is intended primarily for members and regular attenders of New Denver Church and for friends and family referred by them. It is a way to bear one another's burdens in times of distress (Galatians 6:2) and to share generously with one another as a community (Acts 2:44).
The process for receiving assistance is:
1) Complete and submit the form below. (**All applications will be kept strictly confidential.)
2) A member of NDC leadership will follow up to set up a time to talk and learn more about your situation.
3) In that meeting we will assess what each applicant has done to seek assistance from within his or her relational network of support (e.g. asking friends/family for help, seeking help from government sources or other non-profits, negotiating with landlords or creditors, etc)
4) The request will be evaluated and either approved or denied and assistance given in the form of either grocery-store gift cards to provide food and offset expenses or vendor-direct assistance (paying partial rent directly to landlords or creditors). **Note: No direct cash gifts will be given through this program.
5) Each recipient of assistance will be connected with a financial coach for follow up. Meeting with that coach to develop a personal budget and plan will be required before any additional assistance requests will be considered.
Are you a member of NDC?
* Membership requires completing an NDC membership covenant and approval by the pastors and elders.
How long have you been regularly attending NDC?
I don't regularly attend NDC
Less than 6 months
6 months to 1 year
1 to 5 years
5 years or more
Areas of involvement or service at NDC (if applicable)
Briefly describe your situation and the nature of your need or the person you are nominating for assistance.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New Denver Church.