May 1 Teams - Sign Up
On May 1, we’re calling for all employees of North Carolina schools to take a personal day and join us in Raleigh as we converge on the General Assembly to press for 5 major changes to education in NC. Those demands are listed below for reference. Please share them far and wide to keep the message of May 1 clear (5 issues, one day).
HOW TO GET INVOLVED: Fill out this form and let Team DAE know what you'd like to do to help out. We have lots of roles that will need to be filled. We ask that you offer what you can, but do not overestimate your capacity - we want a large team working on this, so it's ok to share the work.
Please leave your email for EACH team you are willing to be a part of. It is OK to sign up for only one team if that's what you want to focus on or have time for!
On May 1, we demand:
1. Provide enough school librarians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other health professionals to meet national standards.
2. Provide $15 minimum wage for all school personnel, 5% raise for all ESPs (non-certified staff), teachers, admin, and a 5% cost of living adjustment for retirees.
3. Expand Medicaid to improve the health of our students and families.
4. Reinstate state retiree health benefits eliminated by the General Assembly in 2017.
5. Restore advanced degree compensation stripped by the General Assembly in 2013.
School/building you're associated with in Durham
What role do you play here in Durham?
What are you most excited about winning on May 1?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service