Don't Mess With Texas Activity!
As a group, use the TEXAS sized timeline to answer the questions below.
Your LAST Name
Your FIRST Name
1. In what year did Mexico win its independence from Spain?
2. In 1828, which of the following reasons below brought about conflict between Texas and Mexico?
A. The United States invaded Mexico
B. The Spanish reconquered Mexico
C. The American settlers in Texas did not see themselves as Mexicans
D. Great Britain invaded Florida
3. Who became President of Mexico in 1833?
A. Santa Clause
B. William Travis
C. Santa Anna
D. Davy Crocket
4. Which of the following describes the "Come and Take it!" quote from 1835?
A. Texans refused to give up a small cannon to the Mexican government
B. Texans asked to join the United States
C. William Travis refused to surrender the Alamo
D. Davy Crocket fired the cannon at the Mexican Army
5. In what year did Texas officially declare independence?
6. How many of the Alamo's defenders survived the battle to fight another day?
7. Which of the following happened at the Battle of San Jacinto?
A. The United States attacked Mexico
B. Sam Houston was taken prisoner
C. Santa Anna was taken prisoner and Texas won their independence
D. Andrew Jackson invaded Texas
8. In 1836, which of the following men became the first and only President of Texas?
A. George Washington
B. Steven Austin
C. Sam Houston
D. Mark Cuban
9. When did Texas adopted the "Lone Star" Flag?
10. Which of the following explains how Texas became part of the United States in 1846?
A. Texas was annexed to the USA
B. Texas was purchased by the USA
C. Texas was returned to Mexico by the USA
D. Texas remained an independent county and never joined the USA
11. After watching the Alamo video, copy and paste your facts and questions from your livebinder into the box below
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service