SPWT Scavenger Hunt through April 9th
Scavenger Hunt: Exploring the
To complete the scavenger hunt below, you will need to be curious and resourceful. You will not need to leave the club web page to complete these tasks. Everything you need is right here! Please read the directions for each task carefully.
Use our web page to find the answers. Return before April 9th at 5:00 pm. Use the link or Snail Mail to our PO Box. Here is the link:
Planning on a drawing for a nice prize or dinner for 2 to the winner.
The central question is who uses the web page and how many resources do we want to use on it ( time & money). Your info is like an email in my email inbox. Thanks in advance for your help.
We also ask your input on some upcoming opportunities. Thanks in advance and have fun with this....
Kent Crowell 432 528 2891
First & Last Name
1. What are the dates for “Open Shop” in April ___ & May ___ ,2020? (not required)
2. How do I contact the President through the web page /newsletter? (not required)
3. What is the link to the Frenchman’s Flying top (magnetic levitation)? (not required)
4. When and where is the April Board of Directors’ meeting? Who can go? This has changed - Free Question (not required)
5. What is the link for 10 short videos for a trade show booth? These can be easily played from a laptop, IPAD, or Smartphone to a TV. These videos help keep guests engaged and increase our odds that they may visit or join. Use at the Lubbock Arts Festival, Car Shows, or South Plains Fair. (not required)
6. What are 3 discounts I get with my SPW membership? (not required)
7. Who is selling a lathe, jig saw, air compressor, or planer? Just list one. (not required)
8. When are the first night of the next beginner and intermediate classes? Again this is a free question with all the calendar changes. (not required)
9. How many items are archived in the AAW Explore section? (not required)
10. Find three dead links or errors? or more so I can fix them... not required
11. Where can I find a dozen useful articles on woodturning? (not required)
12. Name 10 of the SPW mentors who volunteer at the GAC?
13. I like the following about our club. Required _______________________
14. I would like to see the following improvements made to the club . Required____________
15. What jobs would you like to help with? Check as many as desired. Required
Welcome Table - Sign In Members & Guests
Web Page Comittee
Member & Guest List Management
Club Meeting Planning
Coffee & Donuts.
Set up- Chairs, Tables, AV, Lights, Batteries, etc
Clean up the meeting room.
Teach Youth & Adults about Woodturning
Lubbock AJ for a free ad in the Sunday paper
Inventory Update Committee
Photos / Videos taking, editing, sharing
16 Everyone's Safety is always our main goal. I am trained, have been trained in the past or willing to be trained in the following safety classes: Not Required
Blood Borne Pathogens
CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Stop The Bleed
AED automated external defibrillator
None of the above
17 How can we effectively promote our club in the community at a low cost and have fun? Not Required Looking for ideas.
18 Should we have an entry in the July 4th parade in Lubbock? Its on a Saturday this year. The Promoter expects 60,000 to 80,000 people on Broadway. More info and a video at
The Entry Fee is $75 unitl April 15th then it goes up. First Prize is $500 plus lots of media coverage and a TV interview like the one above from YouTube. Checkboxes not Multiple Choice.
Build a couch bike and I will sit on the couch and let someone pedal.
My Kids / Grand Kids would love this.
I have some other ideas for membership growth.
I Have a trailer or something. Would be willing to help.
I have an idea for Music ( required) , a golf cart, or a small trailer.
I have an place to build the parade float with electricity and lights
19 Other clubs use an online membership registration process. Major non-profits use online to increase donations. Should we look at away for members to renew without having to attend a meeting, get out a check book, fill out a paper/pencil form? Here is how one AAW club does their membership -
Check as many as desired.
Yes I would pay online - Makes record keeping easier for all parties.
I want to pay with a check at a meeting or through the mail like we always have.
Have an option for both payment methods.
20 Any Additional Comments for your Board. Thank you for taking some time to help us with the club web page;)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service